Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Flattening out a card

I received a poorly shipped card that was sent in a penny sleeve and shoved in a thin magazine. The card isn't bent but it doesn't lie flat. What's the best way to flatten it out? Put it in the middle of a book?

Comments

  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

    I give mine whoopie cushions.

    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

    Normally I slip cards in that condition in between me bum cheeks overnight.

  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

    Put 20 pounds of old cards on top of it.

  • Options

    My buddy BIG BOB, will still do a dozen cards for a bucket of chicken....

  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

    Thanks. I just quit eating food forever. :/

  • Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

    i have sent cards in that were not flat because they were in 9 sleeve binders,as long as there are no creases you should be good

  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @travis t said:
    Thanks. I just quit eating food forever. :/

    Join the rest of the beach goers, his section of beach is the least occupied.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

    Don't they have organizations available to help escort distressed marine life back to the water? :D

  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I figure you may want a serious answer: Last year I bought a 1973 Topps set that came in 9 pocket sleeves. I'm not a sleeve and binder guy so I took the cards out and they all had a curl. I stacked them in groups of about 30 and kept them under coffee table type books for a few months and they are now much, much better.

    Daniel
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

    I would do what Baltimore Yanks did, and after some time flip over the card over and put it back under the book. Flatten it out on both sides.

  • Options

    Thanks for the real replies!

Sign In or Register to comment.