Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Clemson fans spend $2 bills at away games

According to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University

I wonder if they tne get pulled from circulation due to the stamping?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

I think it's a great idea!

A way to both show your team spirit and send a message about the impact your fans are making on the local economy.

Beats the prank we pulled in high school - we used fertilizer to put a big 'H' (which stood for our school) on our sworn rival's football field, right across the 50 yard line. The sprinklers made the grass grow in nice and dark green, where you could see it perfectly from up in the press box. Great fun, that was.

• Options
    boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Years ago an LGBT rights group here in Indiana tried to rally support for marriage equality by having folks who supported said rights spend two dollar notes. Here is a little article I found on it:
    goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2005/05/queer_as_a_2_do.html

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Yep, I have encountered some in circulation. They have the orange Clemson tiger paw stamped on them. I wonder if they have a site like the "where's George" to track them?