Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Low Ball Sets

DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2017 9:16AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hey all you low ball collectors! We are going to create a few more low ball sets and would like your suggestions as to which sets we should create. We already have several requests. We plan to add just a few additional sets (we already have 24) and see how it goes, so don't get upset if your suggested set is not one offered on day one. thanks Don

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see a capped bust type set (half dime, dime, quarter, half dollar) as an "achievable" short set

• Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about Trade Dollars?

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

type sets that for time periods (rather than century) - bust, seated, barber, renaissance, president..

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep up the good work! Love the gold type set.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    I'd love to see an Ike lowball set. That would be a real challenge.

Isn't there already an Ike lowball set here?

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd just like to have an S-mint Morgan Dollar set on the registry. Currently, there's an early S-mint (1878-1882) set, and a low-ball S-mint (full run), but no regular set.

Steve

• Options
    Td337Td337 Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

Kennedy silver short set would be much appreciated!

Successful transactions with: Outhaul, Saen78, Pocketpiececommems, mapleman, CelinaCoin, tommyrusty7, braddick, greencopper, CommemDude

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a link to all of the current lowball sets if you were curious:

http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/default.aspx?c=139

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

How about an "Everyman's" set addition:

Draped Bust Type Set, Large Eagle Reverse.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you should create an entire across the board series of sets called "My Very Fine Coins". The top grade would be VF, and the lowest grade would be VF. It would get all those VF coins that seem to be everywhere into PCG$ holders. This fills the hole since now we need junk worn coins in holders, nice but not uncirculated coins in holders, MS coins in holders. Everything goes in a holder.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2017 10:12AM

Just one question,Don. Would any coin that's been graded a "70", be considered as a "1" in any Lowball set? ;) In other words, It would be the worse condition coin for a "Lowball Set". Ex: any coin graded as a "1" in any other set, compared to the exclusive "70" grade. That graded coin( a,1) would be the worse condition coin of the bunch. So, a "70" grade in a Lowball set would be considered the worse condition coin in the Lowball set. Sorry, If I sound confusing.-joey

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭

@Td337 said:
    Kennedy silver short set would be much appreciated!

+1

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • Options

One of every U.S. coin since inseption. Circulated only.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2017 11:37AM

peacockcoins

• Options

I think those would count. As long as you can see the date clearly. Yours would be of the laundry mat post mint condition variety lol! Graded -2LMPM value $0.10USD

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2017 1:31PM

@joeykoins said:
    Just one question,Don. Would any coin that's been graded a "70", be considered as a "1" in any Lowball set? ;) In other words, It would be the worse condition coin for a "Lowball Set". Ex: any coin graded as a "1" in any other set, compared to the exclusive "70" grade. That graded coin( a,1) would be the worse condition coin of the bunch. So, a "70" grade in a Lowball set would be considered the worse condition coin in the Lowball set. Sorry, If I sound confusing.-joey

Thanks joepocketchange! You might be the only one that understood my mumblejumble? LOL

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Got a 1901 Liberty nickel PCGS PO 01. It's a Pop1. Cert. 3862.01/ 32749544. Can do pics if want. It's for sale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file