Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Brady Debut Ticket from 2000 vs Lions

pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

NOT MINE but what a gorgeous piece of history. I started collecting tickets recently but I have never paid more than $50 for a single ticket. The seller is asking for 1500 just wondering what would a realistic price to offer for something like this?

ebay.com/itm/Full-Ticket-New-England-Patriots-2000-Tom-Brady-Debut-Michigan-Wolverines-PSA-4-/122297880676?hash=item1c79859064:g:h98AAOSw44BYbIQA

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Is that your ticket?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

@Dboneesq said:
    Is that your ticket?

not mine, i updated my original post to clarify

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there comparable market for Brady debut tickets from Michigan, even though there are obviously a lot more of them printed than for his NFL debut considering how much smaller the NFL stadiums are?

• Options

@miwlvrn said:
    Is there comparable market for Brady debut tickets from Michigan, even though there are obviously a lot more of them printed than for his NFL debut considering how much smaller the NFL stadiums are?

from my experience, college debut ticket tends to go for much less than their pro debut, sort of similar to how it is for rookie cards

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

I bought a Brady Debut ticket a couple of years ago on E-bay for $7.00 from a seller who didnt know what it was. I held it for about a year and then listed it for sale after the Patriots won their last Super Bowl against the Seahawks for $250. I don't know if this is the one I had or not (I will have to go back and check my scans) but I doubt the seller gets anywhere near the asking price. I remember the buyer of mine re-listing the one I sold him for about the same price and I think it sold between $200 and $300. There is an old post somewhere here on Cu about the transaction.

• Options
    edited January 5, 2017 4:43PM

@tennesseebanker said:
    I bought a Brady Debut ticket a couple of years ago on E-bay for $7.00 from a seller who didnt know what it was. I held it for about a year and then listed it for sale after the Patriots won their last Super Bowl against the Seahawks for $250. I don't know if this is the one I had or not (I will have to go back and check my scans) but I doubt the seller gets anywhere near the asking price. I remember the buyer of mine re-listing the one I sold him for about the same price and I think it sold between $200 and $300. There is an old post somewhere here on Cu about the transaction.

Was your full unused ticket like the one listed on ebay? Ticket collectors pay premium for untorn full ticket, while used stubs are generally significant less desirable, at least from what I have observed.

** update **

found the post you were referring, yep it was a stub not a full ticket -

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/936745/should-i-sell-this-brady-nfl-debut-ticket-now-or-hold-on

• Options

A premium yes, but not a fortune.

• Options

On a similar note, I used to own 2 ticket stubs from Pujols MLB debut and sold one of them a few years ago for $500. It was graded authentic but had nice eye appeal. The attached image is the one I kept for my PC. Both are future HOF in their sports and both tickets are about the same ago so prices should be comparable for both

• Options

Hey Paul,

While I realize that full tickets usually go for more than stubs. I can't imagine anyone paying over half of what the seller has the full Brady ticket listed for, or around $750. While $200-$250 seems to be a fair price for a stub from the same game according to my sale and the preceeeding sale afterwards, I just can't imagine somone paying the BIN price for the full Brady ticket. It is most likely the seller trying to bring attention to the auction with an outrageous price. The ticket has been listed for a while, so I would guess if it stays up for long without any interest you may see the seller slowly lowering his BIN or it will be gone one day for half the price because someone has contacted him with genuine interest about the ticket.

• Options
    edited January 15, 2017 9:54PM
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'd bet a good $ that these are the OPs tickets.

• Options

There will probably be another one pop up within a week from the seller, according to cert vert he submitted several. If the sales are legit, I'm very surprised at these prices.