Home Sports Talk

Andy Reid for coach of the year?

breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably won't win it but Reid has done a great job with the Chiefs. I feel good about them heading into playoffs. Went 6-0 in the AFC West which was no easy feat this year. Other than a couple of bad losses to Tampa and the Titans, they took care of business.

Defense may be the best that made the playoffs (bronco defense still the best I think) although losing derrick Johnson may end up haunting the team if they have to play Steelers or Patriots. He was the run stuffer and those teams have the backs and line to take advantage.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is as good of choice as any

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Umm. Nope. Of the 4 losses this year, the Titans loss was a coaching loss. If anybody can look at that game and come away with a different opinion, I'm all ears. Reid intentionally left 6 points on the field.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, we are the #2 seed in the playoffs, but Reid ain't really high on my reasons why list. We had a solid season In Spite of Reid is my opinion. The playoffs can prove me wrong I guess.

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2017 7:51AM

Andy Reid reminds me too much of Mike Holmgren, I have never liked either man. I actually think Mike Tomlin should get some consideration, bringing the Steelers from a toasted 4-5 to a 11-5 Team that no one should overlook.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2017 6:03AM

@ChiefsFan1st said:
    Umm. Nope. Of the 4 losses this year, the Titans loss was a coaching loss. If anybody can look at that game and come away with a different opinion, I'm all ears. Reid intentionally left 6 points on the field.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, we are the #2 seed in the playoffs, but Reid ain't really high on my reasons why list. We had a solid season In Spite of Reid is my opinion. The playoffs can prove me wrong I guess.

If coach of the year was for in-game decision making, then Andy doesn't win. I actually mentioned the Tennessee and Tampa losses in my post but if you want to blame him for those losses then you need to give some credit for winning at Oakland, at Denver, at Atlanta and at Carolina.

As a Chiefs fan, you must remember Romeo Crennel, Todd Haley, Gunther Cunnigham, Herm Edwards, etc.

I was happy when they hired Reid and it is hard to argue with what he has done. Players play hard for him.

Keets, I like Tomlin and think he doesn't get the credit he deserves (Bradshaw's comment comes across like he was drunk on the radio).

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomlin is a bad coach , more like a cheerleader that got hold of a headset . I think the steelers win games in spite of Tomlin.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Tomlin is a bad coach , more like a cheerleader that got hold of a headset . I think the steelers win games in spite of Tomlin.

Tomlin is not that bad. I'll tell you who I think makes some bonehead calls is the Packers HC.

Take last night. You have a 2 TD lead with 23 seconds left. Why do you pull everyone back and let him throw into the end zone with no pressure where his team has a 50/50 chance of getting the TD and hardly anytime is off the clock. Why would you keep just too back and blitz everybody else making him make a quick pass and even if the pass is completed they still have to run the ball in and avoid the 2 defensive players you held back. More than likely you are stopped and the clock runs out and even if you score most of the clock is gone. If Detroit would have recovered the onside kick they would have had another shot at the end zone. Totally stupid to me.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I nominate Rex Ryan even though he is fired his spirit lives on in Buffalo. Did anyone see the Jets recover the ball in the endzone last night? :D

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since my favorite team, Denver, did not make the playoffs this year, my consolation is the the Broncos beat Oakland yesterday to deny the Raiders the AFC West title and force the Raiders to play next week onstead of getting a bye. Congrats to the Chiefs and good luck in the playoffs.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of feel sorry for the Raider fans.....there going NOWHERE without Carr. Those backups are pitiful.....sorta like Sanchez.

I didn't know a QB could be so bad.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2017 9:18PM

Not a single sub-.500 season, 7 out of 10 years have resulted in at least one playoff game, and bling of the best possible kind on one of his fingers.

I'd imagine the line to borrow Tomlin's skirt and pom-poms is a lengthy one.

• ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

@breakdown said:

@ChiefsFan1st said:

If coach of the year was for in-game decision making, then Andy doesn't win. I actually mentioned the** Tennessee and Tampa losses in my post but if you want to blame him for those losses then you need to give some credit for winning at Oakland, at Denver, at Atlanta and at Carolina.**

As a Chiefs fan, you must remember Romeo Crennel, Todd Haley, Gunther Cunnigham, Herm Edwards, etc.

I was happy when they hired Reid and it is hard to argue with what he has done. Players play hard for him.

Keets, I like Tomlin and think he doesn't get the credit he deserves (Bradshaw's comment comes across like he was drunk on the radio).

Actually, only the Tennessee game I blame on Reid, We lost to Tampa because we were the 2nd best team on the field that day(that's my opinion) I just wanted to point out that Reid has shat his pants this year. It's only 1 game, and he has done an above average job the rest of the season, so kudos to him. Thumbs up!!

But, like I said, we are the #2 seed in the A.F.C. heading into the playoffs, so lets hope for the best!!

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

Does Andy Reid get it in 2023-24 ?