Home Sports Talk

I guess the Cowboys didn't want to win that game at all......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why else would you pull Romo and put that worthless piece of crap Sanchez in!!!!!!!

Geeze! I know the game means nothing, but with Romo we win this game. Heck Dez could have done better.

Anybody want Sanchez....he's yours for a bucket of spit!!!! He's NEVER been worth ANYTHING......NEVER!!!

Jerry....you need to address the backup QB position.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Jones can sign Manziel~he's available and I remember you wanted Dallas to draft him so badly, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL Dimeman wants a stud starting QB and a Stud backup QB and while he is at it he wants a stud 3rd string QB :p

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    LOL Dimeman wants a stud starting QB and a Stud backup QB and while he is at it he wants a stud 3rd string QB :p

My question is why play Sanchez! Please don't bring Manziel up again.......I recanted and admitted how wrong I was on him.

I believe Sanchez is even worse than Manziel. How does he keep finding a place to land????? Sanchez has to be the worst QB I have ever seen.....EVER!!!!

edited January 1, 2017 2:59PM

Actually, benching Romo after the TD pass was absolutely brilliant. They maximized his trade value in a meaningless (except to Dimeman) game.

Regarding Sanchez, he is definitely a below average QB at this point. But I do recall he was pretty decent back when he led the Jets to back to back AFC Championship games, including a divisional playoff win on the road vs New England. That team was built on defense, but Sanchez did play well throughout both those postseasons.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Let's see so Sanchez hasn't played in how long?? He comes in to relieve Romo after a great series that possibly maximizes his trade value and your upset that Sanchez is awful? Why are you getting upset over a meaningless game that put Romo in a great trade value situation, that's what the best possible outcome you could have hoped for.

@grote15 said:
    Actually, benching Romo after the TD pass was absolutely brilliant. They maximized his trade value in a meaningless (except to Dimeman) game.

Regarding Sanchez, he is definitely a below average QB at this point. But I do recall he was pretty decent back when he led the Jets to back to back AFC Championship games, including a divisional playoff win on the road vs New England. That team was built on defense, but Sanchez did play well throughout both those postseasons.

I don't believe that Romo has that much trade value. Everyone knows he can't win when it counts and he is pushing 40 and he is injury prone!

I hope you are right and some fool takes him off our hands. But no matter what happens Sanchez has to go.

He is worthless!!!

edited January 1, 2017 4:17PM

@perkdog said:
    Let's see so Sanchez hasn't played in how long?? He comes in to relieve Romo after a great series that possibly maximizes his trade value and your upset that Sanchez is awful? Why are you getting upset over a meaningless game that put Romo in a great trade value situation, that's what the best possible outcome you could have hoped for.

LOL!!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman, that was in essence a 5th preseason game for Dallas. The outcome meant virtually nothing to them. What did matter were things like...

...the Romossance. JJ decided to roll the dice by playing him and it paid off. But make no mistake, Romo's trade value is clearly taking precedence over him being Dak's backup in the playoffs, otherwise he would have played more in that game. The guy is rustier than a nail, and one six-play series without being hit a single time isn't going to prepare him for what's to come if Dak gets dinged hard (or worse). They are banking on him never taking another legit snap with a star on his helmet.

If I were you, I'd be much more concerned about other things. Like the Falcons. The Giants. The Packers. The Seahawks. And to a lesser extent, the Lions. Any of those squads can take your team down on any given day.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Romo would fit in nicely in Denver. If the Skins part ways with Cousins Romo would look good in Skins uni. Now the big question is is Dak really the answer in Dallas? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Playoff bracket in the NFC is intriguing. Unless Detroit pulls off a miracle upset in Seattle the Cowboys will get either the Giants or Packers in Dallas. The Giants and Packers are the two hottest teams in the NFC right now and the winner of that game will be taking a serious roll into the House Jerry Built. Gonna be great.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2017 4:57PM

I don't think anybody will trade for Romo and take on that contract. More than likely Romo & the Cowboys will agree on some settlement and cut him loose.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians

@Justacommeman said:
    The Playoff bracket in the NFC is intriguing. Unless Detroit pulls off a miracle upset in Seattle the Cowboys will get either the Giants or Packers in Dallas. The Giants and Packers are the two hottest teams in the NFC right now and the winner of that game will be taking a serious roll into the House Jerry Built. Gonna be great.

mark

I don't think Detroit beating Seattle is a stretch al all. Out of the 6 teams Seattle would be #6 on my list.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Agreed. Meanwhile the AFC games this weekend look like a couple of snoozers.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I don't think ATL can be overlooked. They may not can stop anybody but the offense can be nearly unstoppable at times.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

Atlanta is definitely a team to watch out for but honestly if your defense lets opposing teams score at will then your chances get slimmer and slimmer