Best way to sell

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleaning out my "junk"
What is the best way to sell the following:
200 IH cents, Good condition
200 War nickles
2 or 3000 wheaties sorted by decade

Any advice appreciated

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

There is always the B/S/T forum on here. Otherwise, it's probably eBay.

IH Cents: If they are all common dates and mintmarks, I would sell as one lot. Otherwise, pick out all of the semi-key and key dates and either sell individually or in smaller groups, then sell the commons as one lot.

War nickles: if only selling as junk silver, sell as one lot.

Wheaties: good question on that one. Generally speaking, I believe pre-1930 are worth more than post-1930. Again, make sure to pull out any key dates and error coins. Look in a Cherrypickers guide book for error listings, or perhaps online too. I have heard of people selling Wheaties in "if it fits, it ships" Priority Mail boxes, up to the weight limit (I think 70 lbs on small boxes). Do some searches on the US Coin Forum, this kind of tip has been posted before, I believe.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WhiteTornado
    Thanks for your input, that's what I have done on the IH's, was going to list all as one lot but out of 200, I was going to list the actual dates of 20 or 30 better dates.
    War nickels- probably wait for the price to go up again.
    And wheaties........seems like postage would eat up any profits.
    Thanks again

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date