Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My new error coin collection is on display

My primary field of collecting is error coins from Israel. However, after 20 years, there's not much more I can find, and new additions are few and far between. So I came up with a new idea that led to a fun project: a worldwide collection of error coins, all of the same error type, one per country. I figured it would be challenging, keep me busy, but would still fit within my modest coin budget.

2.5 years later, my collection now spans 46 coins, all from different countries or issuing authorities. The coins are all 20th-21st century off-center error coins, which is my favorite type: not too extravagant, but immediately recognizable as error even by non-collectors, and exists apparently for any coin series ever minted.

The task has turned up to be more challenging than i thought. I've put together a website on a free platform to showcase what I have so far. The quality of the coin photography is not the best, but it's what I can do at this time.

The link to the website is here:
http://israelerrorcoins.wixsite.com/world

Any comments, suggestions, criticism, ideas, likes and dislikes would all be very welcome.

Here are a few select coins that you can find on the website:

New Zealand:

Bolivia:

U.S.A.:

Kuwait:

Comments