Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Seller of counterfeit US Dollars sentenced! finally a move in the right direction

A very interesting article and definitely a move in the right direction.
But, maybe too little ...too late?
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/12/21/waterville-man-sentenced-for-selling-fake-coins/

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

Better late then never, hope his victims get their money back.
    a warning to sellers who sell these junk coins on the internet.
    Thanks for sharing, YQQ

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mwashuma M. Sithole - lots of thoughts come to mind when a counterfeiter has a last name like the latter.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this guy is obviously a sithole but I'm also surprised that pawn shops are fooled this easily.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Just 10 months in prison? If I spit on the sidewalk I would get 3 months! No wonder people keep doing this.Thanks for the post!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2017 6:43AM

Yep, being from Maine (and near the area), I have encountered this. I have had people offering some VERY nice and rare coins for a good price. Then you see them and it's that "too good to be true" feeling, and I'm right! Last one I encountered has a fistful of key and semi key merc's and barbers in AU/BU condition. Broke the man's heart when I took a few (with his permission) and added a true silver, then shook them in my hand. As many know, silver pings and fakes thud. End of that story for now I guess.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

just a minor player in the fake coin market

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options

"Those who choose to ignore history...............................................................................................!