Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the biggest Psa "bump" you've ever received?

For those of you who play the crackout game with cards that you send off to psa for grading, what is the biggest bump you have ever received?

I got a submission back with a vintage card that was graded Psa 5 back in July. I was furious and thought the card was sharp. Cracked it out, resubmitted it, and received it back yesterday in a Psa 8 holder. LOL

-Collecting anything vintage

Comments

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I pulled a 79 OPC Ozzie from a pack. Good centering for a 79. Sent it in, got a 5. Cracked it and sent it back, got an 8.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

'55 Bowman Mays. Bought a great looking "2". I very rarely crack and resub, but did it and got back a "5". Sold it and the buyer cracked and resubbed. He got a "7", although I think he doctored up the card a bit.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

There are going to be a lot of "5" to X jumps because interpretation of whether something is/is not a wrinkle is decisive in setting that grade. A 9 could lose 4 grades over it.

My biggest is 6 to 8.

• Options
    JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2016 5:24PM

Interesting thoughts/experiences so far.

Although I'm not quite sure how evaluating a wrinkle on a card would be a subjective matter. Seems pretty black & white to me.

-Collecting anything vintage
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a Dr. J. rookie PSA 3 cracked and resubmitted and received a PSA 6.

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

I subbed a 6 Marino RC and cracked it to a 9. I honestly don't know how it got a 6 in the first place as I'd never have sent a 6 in for grading!

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Bought a beautiful 52 Gil Hodges PSA 2.5, cracked it, got a 6.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Reading all this makes me think I should resub some of my 54 Bowman 7's to go for 8's.

Appreciate today-

Bill