Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH: 1900 “United Snakes of America” One Dam "VERY RARE" Zerbe-59 / Schornstein-360 Variety.

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

1900 “United Snakes of America” Anti- Expansion / Anti- Everything One Dam, Zerbe-59 / Schornstein-360, Aluminum, 38mm Diameter, AU, Reeded Edge @ $"ON HOLD" Shipped.

In 1900 you may not have given a rat's ass but perhaps you gave one dam toward ridiculing William Jennings Bryan and the Free Silver movement. This is the very rare United Snakes variety which was already considered so by Farran Zerbe in 1926. The second scarcest is the Schornstein-356 variety obverse features a donkey headed goose with outstretched wings standing on a wreath formed by two entwined snakes. Finally followed by the most commonly seen Schornstein-353 variety which features a donkey headed goose with initials P.O.P. which is a reference to the Populist Party on the wing. Just as an example Heritage Auctions has offered well nearly 20 Schornstein-353’s which are now are fetching $750-1,000 pretty regularly in AU to low grade MS and even a AU Details damaged piece will command $500. The Zerbe-59 / Schornstein-360 example offered here features a old woman wearing glasses and a bonnet riding a mule (ass) which is bucking over a goose on the run bearing "POP" on its body. She’s holding a closed umbrella with a flag on its tip with the motto "Anti-Expansion". Struck on a thin reeded planchet the obverse pictorial is low relief. Condition wise for this variety this example ranks among the finest survivors known as it is still lustrous with semi proof like characteristics. Which can be seen within the darker areas in the fields of the obverse/reverse of the accompanied photo as the proof like surfaces are reflecting the black Nikon camera body mounted 21" above on my copy stand. With just trace friction to her forearm holding the umbrella with none to the brim of her bonnet which is the second highest point of this design. The revere letters are fully squared and sharp as struck still retaining cameo frost contrast seen when tilted into a light source. Although very rare when examples usually do surface they are in far lesser condition mostly all being plagued with a magnitude of mishandling or environmental issues. In the condition as offered here you might have to hold your breath for many years to come just to see another remotely close which health wise is not recommended. So since it is the holiday season beyond offering extended terms I might consider another cool exonumia piece as partial trade, if something of interest is offered?

General B/S/T Terms & Notes: PM me for more details -

Coins above will all ship at my expense.

Coins over $1K will be mailed via USPS Registered Mail Insured, Priority 2 Day, or Next Day Air Insured.

Coins less then $1K will be mailed via First Class USPS Mail Insured w/ Delivery Confirmation.

Payment Options = USPS or Bank Money Order, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, E Check, & Paypal (no fee % up-charge).

Trades at times depending on if of interest to me may be considered.

All Checks must clear prior to shipment.

7 Day full refund minus any associated shipping charges unless mentioned otherwise in the description.

imageimage

Extended terms available if your Piggy Bank is skinny, or hurt and healing image

As I can also offer extended 30-60-90 day terms, 1/3 down, no refund on layaway option.

A Reasonable Offer May Be Accepted on some items... the Key Word is Reasonable.

Full detailed in hand description on any of the items along with larger images available at request.

I'd greatly appreciate that posting of your most recent acquisition purchased from me on any forum board isn't done until the ink on the check is dry and you've happily received it.

I place a "On Hold" for three days max without a deposit on any item for members I've never dealt with, however if after this time period complete lack of responsive communication occurs, I reserve the right to offer the item to another active member.

Many Thanx in Advance! image

image 111% Positive Transactions with Members =

123cents, 49thStateofMind, 777, a039, adamlaneus, agentjim007, acloco, Ahrensdad, AnkurJ, ArizonaJack, astrorat, ASUtodd, Barndog, BBN, BBQnBLUES, beartracks42, bestclser1, brg5658, Blackhawk, blu62vette, Bootleg55, braddick, brokenCC, bstat1020, bsshog40, Cameonut, candy2012mustang, CarlWohlforth, Casey, chaze215, claychaser, cohodk, coinbuf, coindeuce, Coinerww2, coinlieutenant, CoinRaritiesOnline, Collectorcoins, ColonialCoinUnion, CommemDude, commoncents05, coinpictures, coinsarefun, cucamongacoin, dantheman984, DaveWcoins, Dave99B, DavidLawrence, dcarr, DCW, deltadimeman, DeusExMachina, disruptek, dizzyfoxx, DONNYJF, drddm, Dropdaflag, dunerlaw, DwaineO, EagleEye, Eagleguy, etexmike, erickso1, erwindoc, EXOJUNKIE, exposer, Fairlaneman, FilthyBroke, firstmint, fivecents, FredWeinberg, gecko109, Gerard, giorgio11, GoldenEyeNumismatics, guitarwes, Harry779, harvey85422458, holeinone1972, ianrussell, illini420, InYHWHWeTrust, Jamericon, jimbux61, jmj3esq, Jimscoins, jhdfla, joconnor, Jobessi, jom, jonathanb, Julian, joz350, kaz, keepdachange, keets, kieferscoins, KollectorKing, kyleknap, Lakesammman, lasvegasteddy, lordmarcovan, LRCTom, LeeG, LindeDad, LotsoLuck, lunytune2, MarkJude, messydesk, mercurydimeguy, metalmeister, MFH, mgoodm3, MICHAELDIXON, MidLifeCrisis, MisterTicToc, mkman123, Moonbiter, mommam17, monsterman, morgantype, MrEureka, mrearlygold, mustanggt, nencoin, NewEnglandRarities, njcoincrank, Nocerino18, Numismatticadotcom, OffMetal, okiedude, OnlyGoldIsMoney, Oreol, oreville, ormandh, PawPaul, PonyExpress8, PQMorgans, PreTurb, ProofCents, pursuitofliberty, QuarterCollector, questor54, RaginsteveK, Realone, RG, RichieURich, richardshipp, RickMilauskas, ricko, RKKay, rld14, Ronyahski, RTS, RyGuy, rwyarmch, savoyspecial, ScarsdaleCoin, SeaEagleCoins, seanq, SeattleSlammer, segoja, Shortgapbob, silvereagle, SilverEagles92, shylock, SLQ, SmallTownCoins, Smittys, SNMAN, SomeGuyFromMichigan, Sonorandesertrat, soty27, Southcounty, spacehayduke, SpaceMonkey, SteveHayden, stephunter, SullivanNumismatics, Swampboy, Tdec1000, terribleredmonster, thebigeng, theboz11, ThePennyLady, Timbuk3, TJM965, TomB, twodrhrdtp,TwoSides2aCoin, tychojoe, tydye, valente151, Vbowling299, WaterSport, wayneherndon, whatsu, yellowkid, Youngcoin15, zas107, zeebob.

(Your Name Here!) :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is THE difficult "United Snakes" piece to find. It took me many years to finally locate one. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Great Bryan piece from a great seller.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

Thanks astrorat :)

Happy Holidays Everyone

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome piece!
    These United Snakes of America tokens fascinate me, and I'd be all over this lustrous beauty if I wasn't fortunate enough to have already acquired located one.
    It is a rare opportunity.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Thanks DCW :)

Sick since Xmas day will respond to all PM's hopefully later today if feeling somewhat better? :s

• Options

Happy New Year Everyone! :)

• Options

New Year Bump :)