Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

be weary of trading for PSA Jordan rookies

There is a member on Ebay contacting sellers asking if they will trade his PSA highly graded Jordan rookie cards for other cards the seller has listed. I recently resubmitted a Jordan rookie that had a cracked case. PSA deemed it unauthentic. Very surprised, I called PSA and told them it was grade a 9. They asked me to send in the case and label for inspection and also the card for a reevaluation. Once getting it back, they called me to reaffirm the card is indeed a fake and whoever did it, "knew what they were doing."

Just today, I had a Ebay member asking me if I would be interested in trading one of my cards for a PSA 8 Michael Jordan rookie.

I have contacted other highly-reputable Ebay card sellers on Ebay, and they also confirmed to me that fake Jordan rookies are indeed being placed in PSA holders.

The problem as I see it, these fake PSA holdered Jordan rookies look perfectly fine.

In my opinion, be weary....

Comments

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post and info. I had the same thing and a guy was offering me a PSA 10 Jordan rookie and another big card for a 1934 Gehrig PSA 7. Big gap in price between what he was offering versus what I had with him being on the short end of the deal. I told him I could not do it since it would not be fair to him. He kept insisting but no way was I doing it. If Jordan cards continue to have issues with authenticity the prices will continue to drop.

KC

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Any pictures of the fake Jordans?

• Are these in the new hologram cases?

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if since it is a trade and not a sale the person doing it knows that there are possibly fewer legal issues with say eBay or PayPal since money is not changing hands. Need a Perry Mason type board member to handle this legal issue.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Each state may have different fraud laws,(INTRAstate). Once you cross state lines it becomes (INTERstate) commerce. For intrastate consult your state attorney general or anti-fraud dept. On a Federal level once the USPS is involved in fraud it involves misuse of a Federal agency. You must prove willful intent to defraud. Hard to prove as the sender of fraudulent mdse. can plead ignorance of authenticity, unless a previous pattern of fraud has been determined.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • This sounds like WIWAG all over again...

BST References upon request... Have Ebay rating of 3100+ w/100% positive FB.

• I am weary, but I am also wary of the Jordan cards.

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭

As others have said, would really like to see both the fake Jordans, and an example of a compromised PSA case. Old style ones, or the newer hologram style ones?

• Prices keep getting pushed down by panic I might finally get my 86 Fleer Jordan on the cheap. I would love to get a PSA 10 around 12K. Of course, these events will require some extra scrutiny of the card and case

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.