Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC-HE Influence on Crossover Success?

I was wondering if anyone's had success crossing a PWCC Certified High End card from SGC or BGS/BVG over to PSA.

Say I have a SGC 88 card that I want crossed to PSA 8. Any chance the PWCC-HE label influences the PSA grader, or would they be even more jaded then ever as they reject the crossover?

Comments

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

I have no personal experience, just an opinion- I don't think it will matter to the grader. Maybe I'm wrong... curious to hear other opinions / experiences...

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not any crossovers...but I have had 1/3 PWCC-HE success bumping. Nolan Ryan rookie from an PSA 8 to an PSA 8.5...

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

I crossed a Yaz RC SGC 88 to PSA 8. It was PWCC HE. I took the sticker off when I submitted so as to remove any bias. :smile:

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    Not any crossovers...but I have had 1/3 PWCC-HE success bumping. Nolan Ryan rookie from an PSA 8 to an PSA 8.5...

That was a sweet Ryan too Monte - definitely was one that should have crossed.

KC

• Options
    edited December 22, 2016 9:39PM

THX KC!!!

I recently picked up a 1957 Ted Williams PSA-8.5...that is an absolute stunner! One corner is very lightly touched from being a 9! My best purchase out of 25 cards in 2016 is between the Ryan Rookie since it bumped...and the recent Ted Williams discovery.

I did not realize he served in WWII and the Korean War. Thank you Ted for the service to his/our country. Without these interruptions in his career...he was looking at 650-675 HRs and 3300 Hits along with a career batting average ~.345! WOW!!!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I'd love to see that Ryan RC

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls said:
    THX KC!!!

I recently picked up a 1957 Ted Williams PSA-8.5...that is an absolute stunner! One corner is very lightly touched from being a 9! My best purchase out of 25 cards in 2016 is between the Ryan Rookie since it bumped...and the recent Ted Williams discovery.

I did not realize he served in WWII and the Korean War. Thank you Ted for the service to his/our country. Without these interruptions in his career...he was looking at 650-675 HRs and 3300 Hits along with a career batting average ~.345! WOW!!!

Military service also cost Mays a shot at the Babes all time HR record. Willie ended at 660.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I had my first attempt at reviewing a PWCC-HE card this week, and wow... was I happy with the results. Nice Xmas surprise. For the record, I kept the PWCC sticker on the back of the slab when I sent it in.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ryanseven said:
    I had my first attempt at reviewing a PWCC-HE card this week, and wow... was I happy with the results. Nice Xmas surprise. For the record, I kept the PWCC sticker on the back of the slab when I sent it in.

Happy Holidays everyone!

WOW! Congratulations, that is amazing!

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2016 11:19AM

@ryanseven said:

Happy Holidays everyone!

$$$ that is awesome

You could trade that for a new car

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the seller of that Mantle doesn't visit the forum. That bump could bring a grown man to tears! I can't imagine your reaction when you saw that result. Nice going!

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Another reason PWCC is the best in the business. From a 9 to a 10; incredible.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

WOW - congrats on the bump. Very nice card!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 23, 2016 5:09PM

Nice bump with that one!!! Wow!!! That Mantle card looks absolutely flawless on the front. That is what a PSA 10 is all about.

• Options

Congrats! It does not look out of place in a 10 holder. I like the high end designation by PWCC...and feel most of the time it is warranted.

When I had a Ryan RC PWCC High End bumped to an 8.5...I too submitted it with the sticker on the holder.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Tremendous. I had it all wrong. I figured cards designated high end had to have been reviewed already and perhaps more than once, so therefore there must be a technical reason they didn't bump. These examples tell me different.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Congrats ryanseven! Beautiful Mantle you picked up there.