Home Sports Talk
Options

Remember when sports websites reported actual sports?

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't.

It's all BS now.

"Headlines" from Fox Sports:

-Duke's Grayson Allen had a meltdown after his rogue leg struck again
-Duke star and serial kicker Grayson Allen should be suspended five games for latest tech
-Teams keep forfeiting against this Portuguese club because they're afraid to get hurt
-Children's soccer club might fold over 'inappropriate' kit sponsors
-Stephen Curry has been the biggest loser with Kevin Durant joining the Warriors

SI:

-Duke indefinitely suspends Grayson Allen for tripping incident
-Watch: Allen trips another opponent, throws tantrum
-Former NBA coach Karl rips Carmelo in new book
-TNF pick: Will Giants clinch, or can Eagles play spoiler? (hey, that seems like a sports news story!)

ESPN:

I never go there anymore, they are so freakin PC minded that it disgusts my sense of being to view their trash.

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the media coverage of Sports today is unprecedented and very good overall. the problem is that there is just too much time when nothing of importance is happening, but the coverage must be done. it is like the old lament about how the test pattern used to start around 1-2AM: now there are hundreds of channels playing 24/7 yet there are times, like on a Friday evening, when nothing worth watching can be found.

so it goes all week at times with Sports.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

The media is the biggest problem with this country, it spreads supposed " Reports" out to the masses to fit their agenda, the same type of stuff goes on in the sports world. I stick with the " Don't believe everything you hear"

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw the clip on the Allen tripping last night........what a TOOL!!! He needs an attitude adjustment.