Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Announcement: Cycle 2 of "Numismatic Gladiator" to begin soon!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 22, 2016 12:53AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

For those of you who watched and participated in Cycle 1 of the "Numsimatic Gladiator" contests, (NG1-NG10), I am pleased to announce that we will be starting back up again with Cycle 2 (NG11-NG20).

@dadams, champion of NG3 and overall winner of the eagle trophy in the all-gladiator championship in NG10, will be our new Master of Ceremonies.

I am stepping down in that capacity, since "LordM's Epic Treasure Hunting Game" over on CoinTalk will be keeping me busy enough, and I'm less than delighted with the new platform here.

So please welcome Doug and stay tuned for his announcements on future rounds in the Numismatic Gladiator series.

If you have any ideas on categories we haven't yet covered, or would like to revisit one, and have an opponent you'd like to face off against in a friendly "Cheap Coin Challenge", speak up!

Now, you may recall that the whole Numismatic Gladiator idea started with a friendly wager @Aethelred and I had over who could buy the "best" Roman coin for $20 or less (the prize of the wager being bragging rights). That contest became Numismatic Gladiator I. He narrowly beat me that time, but now he and I have an upcoming rematch with ancient Greek coins (<$25) to start the new cycle in Numismatic Gladiator XI!

Will redemption be mine? Or will @Aethelred win again, proving his dominance in cheap ancient coin buying?

We shall see... we shall see. :)

Stand by for further announcements from @dadams.

I might not be the NG Master of Ceremonies here any longer, but I'm looking forward to still participating as a player in a few rounds. And if anybody has a pet category but can't find an opponent to face 'em (no matter what category), I'll take you up on your challenge!

~RWS/"LM"

I'll wear my NG4 trophy in my sigline for a little while, to get me all psyched up for NG11... ;)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

I can't wait for the games to begin. This will be my third (and probably last) Numismatic Gladiator competition.

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aethelred said:
    I can't wait for the games to begin. This will be my third (and probably last) Numismatic Gladiator competition.

???? Retiring from the competition, or moving on from CU or.....????? (I must confess to 'hanging' more on CT. ATS is dead. Now, are there any more acronyms?)

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I am looking forward to NG XI. These have been a great series of friendly contests. I would love to compete again.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:

@Aethelred said:

???? Retiring from the competition, or moving on from CU or.....????? (I must confess to 'hanging' more on CT. ATS is dead. Now, are there any more acronyms?)

It will be his last because after his impending defeat in NG11, he will be too humiliated to come back around here?

Mwahahaha! ;)>:)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.