Home U.S. Coin Forum

Impulse Buy: Any meat left on the bone on this Roosevelt Dime set?

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this at my local pawn shop and pulled the trigger due to a couple of toners in there. I'm hoping the set is worth what I paid, and maybe the toners will make it worth while. I'm not sure the toning is that helpful now that I'm trying take photos of them.

Tagged:

Comments

• joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

if any grade ms67fb..

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the 53.

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭

the toners are getting a lot more attention from collectors. Check for varieties many seem to have some collector interest and older sets often are not looked at for rpm's and other errors.

I have a lot of my sets in the whitman classic like the album shown at times nice tone can develop over time.
    really nice old set , the best way to resell this set is too take the best toners out and list them one by one and the rest as a partial set with the album.

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

The '53 Philly coin is interesting, how do the reverses look? Any 'thumb prints' on any of those coins"

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking set.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cute enough set, and you might make a few dollars, the problem will be with the time and effort part of the equation.
    How long and hard will you have to work to make how much profit. It's the problem keeping me from selling many coins.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

As is, I think you could make a few $'s, maybe get 160-200 for the set.

• cruisersk1cruisersk1 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Put it on eBay, You'll get anywhere from $50 to $500. All it takes is two stubborn fools...

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Know the feeling. A couple of years back a seller walked in to the B&M I was browsing in, and sold his 1946 - 1964 Roosie Whitman set (with five unfilled holes), to the owner. I particularly liked the '49-S, '55 D & S, and '63, so on a whim I bought the set.

It looks like you got some nice ones in there...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file