Home Sports Talk
Options

odds cowboys make it to super bowl? and who will they play if they do?

they were on fire now the look off my guess is tom Brady and the patriots

jesse6131414

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas is a 2-1 favorite to make it to the Super Bowl on the NFC side. Slight favorite over Seattle.

New England is a heavy favorite in the AFC. 1-1 odds.

New England is favored to win it all

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Dallas makes the Super Bowl and Zeke is healthy they will win no matter who they play.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will be nice to see Romo finally lead the 'Boys to the Super Bowl..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

How is this possible if he doesn't play?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

How is this possible if he doesn't play?

Just wait, it's coming, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Dallas is a 2-1 favorite to make it to the Super Bowl on the NFC side. Slight favorite over Seattle.

New England is a heavy favorite in the AFC. 1-1 odds.

New England is favored to win it all

mark

My take based on watching games played so far:

AFC top teams are NE, KC and Oakland. NE will probably go to the SB but could lose to either KC or Oakland.

NFC Dallas and Green Bay. GB had an off stretch but if they stay healthy and make it they scare me the most even though we beat them before. They Giants scare me even more. Not because they are good, but because we lay down when we play them. Hopefully they don't make the playoffs.

So I would like to see Dallas and NE in SB with Dallas winning. If Dak and Zeke are both on and 88 shows up we win.....if they don't it would get real ugly quick!

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I'm still banking on Seattle if they can put everyone else into concussion protocol at the right moment they could take the title by default.

• Options

Dez is mourning his dad i think it has effected his game.

jesse6131414
  • Options

I can't see Dallas making it to the Super Bowl with Prescott at QB. Just too much to put on a rookie

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I can't see Dallas making it to the Super Bowl with Prescott at QB. Just too much to put on a rookie

mark

I don't worry as much about Dak as I do the Defense actually stopping somebody on 3rd down. And Dez showing up.

If you wanted to blame any 1 person for the Giant loss.......Dez would be a great candidate. The fall down that caused the pick.......the fumble that blew any comeback chance....and the fact that he wasn't targeted very much due to bad route running. Dak will be fine.

• Options
    edited December 17, 2016 5:57PM

Dallas's offense has been very benign the past two weeks and Dak has looked well like a rookie which in fact he is.

As far as your 3rd down statement goes. I know you aren't one to let facts get in the way of your rants BUT:

Dallas OFFENSE was 1/15 on third down conversions last week and 1/9 the week before. That is downright threadful.

Dallas's DEFENSE allowed 2/14 third down conversions last week. That is awesome

I'm thinking D coordinators are trying to let Prescott beat them with his arm and take away as much of the rest as possible.

mark

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas will loose to NE in the super bowl

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Dallas's offense has been very benign the past two weeks and Dak has looked well like a rookie which in fact he is.

As far as your 3rd down statement goes. I know you aren't one to let facts get in the way of your rants BUT:

Dallas OFFENSE was 1/15 on third down conversions last week and 1/9 the week before. That is downright threadful.

Dallas's DEFENSE allowed 2/14 third down conversions last week. That is awesome

I'm thinking D coordinators are trying to let Prescott beat them with his arm and take away as much of the rest as possible.

mark

Must have been other downs then......because every time the Giants got a 1st down I hit the arm of my chair and I need a new chair!

• Options
    edited January 9, 2017 10:48AM

Opening odds next weekend

Dallas -4
    NE -16
    Atlanta -4
    KC/Pittsburgh opened at pick em ( now KC -2.5 )

mark

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas vs. Pittsburgh in the Stupor Bowl.

• Options

DAL and ATL will lose this weekend. Everyone knows what that means.....

• Options

@SirLurksALot said:
    DAL and ATL will lose this weekend. Everyone knows what that means.....

Dal and Atl will meet in the NFC Championship.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

Dallas -4
    NE -16
    Atlanta -4

mark

What does -4 mean? Just guessing...looks like the bigger the number the better. If so does that mean NE is 4 times better chance. If so I would disagree with that. The KC/Steelers winner will give you all you want.

• Options

I think Aaron Rodgers is gonna burn down AT & T after he gets done swatting flies with a golf club.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Dallas -4
    NE -16
    Atlanta -4

mark

What does -4 mean? Just guessing...looks like the bigger the number the better. If so does that mean NE is 4 times better chance. If so I would disagree with that. The KC/Steelers winner will give you all you want.

In Dallas's cases it means they are favored by 4 points over Green Bay. New England is favored by 16 over the Texans, etc etc

mark

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is quite a move on the KC-Pitt game. Has to be ascribed to Big Ben's foot.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas vs Patriots, Chiefs or Steelers.

• Options

NFC Championship will be back in the PNW

• Options

@SirLurksALot said:
    NFC Championship will be back in the PNW

Pretty sure Seattle will lose to Atlanta.

• Options

Green bay look mean. i fear any qbs that throw hail marry s and get 6 scared for the cowboys . hope they can make it a running game for Zeak can eat . picking the cowboys but would not feel safe gambling on it.

jesse6131414
  • Options

Packers Fans want ban on Buck/Aikman calling Packers games

Troy Aikman is certainly a popular guy in Cowboys country, but apparently he and Fox broadcast partner Joe Buck aren't as well loved out in Green Bay.
    As of noon Wednesday, more than 16,000 people have signed a Change.org petition seeking to ban the Aikman-Buck duo from calling Packers games from the booth.
    The petition, started Monday by Andrew Dorff of Brookfield, Wis., is titled "Get Troy Aikman and Joe Buck banned from announcing Green Bay Packer's [sic] games"
    "This is a petition to get Joe Buck and Troy Aikman banned from announcing/commentating on the Green Bay Packers," according to the petition's page.
    "On behalf of the Green Bay Packers fans across the world, we would like action taken to prohibit them from giving their constant negative input about our team. We are sick of the biased announcing always coming from them."
    Many signees claim that the announcing duo are "too negative." Other signees show off their failure to grasp basic grammar by calling them "bias" when the proper adjective is "biased."
    There is no requirement for action to be taken based on Change.org petitions, especially not for a private company like Fox. But it has become a popular venue for airing grievances online and seeking out others who agree with you.

Personally I despise Buck so much that I they to avoid audio when he does any games baseball or football. Airman is ok but is the ultimate Cowboy homer

mark

• Options

Wow, I have always felt that Troy goes to far the other way to avoid being a "homer". I watch him all the time doing Cowboy games and have NEVER seen him favor the Cowboys....kind of irritates me actually.

But all I and everybody else has to realize is that it makes no difference at all on the outcome of the game.

• Options

I'd certainly consider the seriousness of accusations coming from people who find fascination in attending football games while wearing a giant triangular foam piece of yellow Swiss cheese as a hat. Yeah. Sure.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chiefs now a 1 and a half point favorite. That line has been bobbling all over the place and I agree that Ben's foot has a lot to do with it. Personally, I think another important issue is Justin Houston's health. He only played in 5 games this year but anyone that watched the Broncos game know how special he can be. He needs to be healthy for Chiefs to go on a run. He had 22 sacks last time he played 16 games.

The Buck Aikman petition is funny - just turn off the sound or play the radio with the television if they bother you. I think most of the NFL announcers are brutal. I will take Aikman over Collinsworth (talk talk talk talk talk talk...) or Gruden.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

Hawks getting steamrolled right now. Let's see if they can mount any type of comeback.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Pats fan I find I like to mute the TV volume and listen to the play by play on the radio. I think most radio stations could be found on the internet if you wanted to listen to the local radio broadcasters in lieu of any national play by play you don't like. you could probably choose between the home or away teams version for most games.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    As a Pats fan I find I like to mute the TV volume and listen to the play by play on the radio. I think most radio stations could be found on the internet if you wanted to listen to the local radio broadcasters in lieu of any national play by play you don't like. you could probably choose between the home or away teams version for most games.

It's absolutely brutal. I've lined up alternatives for the balance of the games. Local broadcasts are the best. Stop Buck.

mark

• Options

I personally like all the broadcasters.....with one exception......the jerk on MNF with Gruden. He is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Options

Of course you do!

mark