Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WAITING ON MY SEPTEMBER SUBMISSION

Comments

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Subbed last week of Sept included 5 day level subs plus the special. Didn't log in until 10/13. If I recall correctly 12/22 is 50 business days so hopefully I'm almost there.

Kevin

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Sent in on Sept. special but logged in October as well. This does not seem like more wait time than typical though.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Logged sept 26th. 27 cards. Business day 58 for me.
    Come on Friday!

• TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Logged in on 11-23 on a 10 day service and still nothing.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

i think they wait till the last business day

as long as i dont get the grader of death

• epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2016 1:58PM

September Specials (50 Day Service Level)
    Logged 1st - 10/11/2016 - Still waiting (Business Day 48 today, FILO I guess, wtf)
    Logged 2nd - 10/11/2016 - Popped 11/2
    Logged 3rd - 10/11/2016 - Popped 10/21
    Logged 4th - 10/14/2016 - Popped 11/9
    November Specials (50 Day Service Level)
    Logged 1st - 12/7/2016 - Popped 12/13
    Logged 2nd - 12/7/2016 - Still waiting (As I should be...)

Eric,

Just curious what type of cards were on the November special that popped in 6 days?

Kevin

Kevin

• bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:
    as long as i dont get the grader of death

I wonder when Grader of Death grabs an order to review, if the other graders just look at him walk back to his desk thinking "poor soul has no chance"??

Appreciate today-

Bill

@LOTSOS said:
    Eric,

Just curious what type of cards were on the November special that popped in 6 days?

Kevin

Baseball... all Cubs cards from 2016 Topps Series 1, Series 2 & Update Series.

Wonder if they made an effort to move Cubs cards through after the Series?

Kevin

• JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

2 separate orders sent in on the September business special. Logged in October 5th. Currently in 53 business days.

Never would have dreamed that the cards I bought during the summer of 2016 wouldn't be ready by the time Santa comes down the chimney. Disappointed

-Collecting anything vintage
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Guaranteed sub times FTW. I would rather be guaranteed a 60 day turnaround, then told 50 and get 59.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY

@mtcards said:
    Guaranteed sub times FTW. I would rather be guaranteed a 60 day turnaround, then told 50 and get 59.

Not a guarantee, but at least closer to accurate, was the intent when they increased the expressed estimate from 40 days to 50 days back a year or so ago.

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

They won't guarantee turnarounds because they can never fully predict volume. In high volume periods, you end up losing money or degrading the quality of the service by rushing things through. If you're sending in on the special, that is by far the lowest priority service level... so you should set your expectations accordingly. If you can't wait that long, send them in at a higher level... they will be given higher priority, and that's about the only guarantee you can bank on.

Now if they ever get as big as UPS, then maybe they can afford to begin guaranteeing turn times. But even then, they'd probably only guarantee service levels higher than the specials.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I haven't noticed a higher priority in my non-special submissions, in terms of hitting the amount / % of days over the estimate. Everything is approximately +10%.

Exactly right. It all comes down to setting your expectations in line with waits beyond the estimates.

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Its true that guaranteed times will probably never happen, the part that makes you question is how you can send in a sub on September 20th that still hasnt been graded and the same type of sub sent in on November 5th has already popped and been shipped.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Where does a straight re-holder fall in the pecking order? There is no day estimate on the site. Would seem to be a quick turn.

@sinoth23 said:
    Where does a straight re-holder fall in the pecking order? There is no day estimate on the site. Would seem to be a quick turn.

Not sure where it is in the pecking order, but it's certainly not high! Most often it is not a quick turn... Figure, on average, about 20 business days.

• TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2016 9:18PM

I guess I got the "Grader Of Death" this holiday. Sent in 12 SGC cards for crossover and all cards are coming back MG Minimum Grade, meaning NONE of the 12 SGC cards were able to crossover in the same grade. Just ridiculous. No more crossovers for me, I'll just buy already PSA graded. The money from the fees just adds up so much that it's just not worth it for me anymore. Hopefully some of you are having better luck than me.

• Ah yes, The Grader of Death. He too has haunted several of my past submissions.
    That said, I am close personal friends with a guy named Big Hands Tony, whom, would be most happy to convince The Grader of Death to "change vocations". Of course, this doesn't come cheap, but I'm thinking well worth it. Anyone else in?

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2016 9:01AM

Maybe there is no grader of death, yet one grader who isn't death (Mr Nice guy). That would explain why so many of us have a visit from the bad guys and certain people get "lucky" like 4sharpcorners when they draft Mr Nice guy every time turning 8s into 9s and 10s. LOL

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    Maybe there is no grader of death, yet one grader who isn't death (Mr Nice guy). That would explain why so many of us have a visit from the bad guys and certain people get "lucky" like 4sharpcorners when they draft Mr Nice guy every time turning 8s into 9s and 10s. LOL

Interesting......

Work hard and you will succeed!!
    edited January 27, 2017 12:08PM