Home Sports Talk
Options

Deflategate 2

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody including Goodell is making an issue of this? Oh it's not the Patriots so let's just not get into it. What a joke and shame on everyone who bashed the Pats over this before.

Comments

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2016 8:58AM

Okay I will rise to the bait. I have a lot of Patriot fans for friends so it's not like I don't have these discussions/arguments all the time.

1. Blaming Roger Goodell for Deflate gate is a bit paranoid and out of line with simple facts. The NFL imposing the 4 game penalty is not a maverick commissioner's doing. He answers to and does the bidding of 32 owners, many of which are clearly irritated by Spygate and jealous of New England's success.
    2. Brady's 4 game suspension was ridiculous and out of proportion for what New England did but Patriots handled the thing terribly. Brady destroying his phone in a panic, Brady making fun of the situation on local radio, Belichick initially throwing Brady under the bus when the story first broke. Brady having a long phone call with the equipment guy for the first time after the story broke. Patriots and Brady could simply have said I like the footballs at the low end of the allowable psi and if an equipment guy drained too much air out of them, I certainly didn't order him to do that. Had Patriots done that, this thing would have fizzled out and gone away with a fine. Their arrogant response led to the NFL's way over the top response.
    3. The four games off in the end may come up roses for New England. Brady's health seems reasonably good, they still look good to get home field and they will likely get high draft choices from some clueless team that overpays for Garofalo. Of course, I am hoping my Chiefs somehow pull out home field but it seems like a long shot.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options

All points well taken, my main point was not to defend the Pats or Brady but just the simple fact that nobody is calling anyone else " Cheaters" I mean every single fist pumping fan up in arms shouting that the Pats are cheaters won't take a second to realize that all teams are guilty of cheating in some way and are non sensicaly claiming the Pats are frauds. Kraft, Belichek, and Brady took their punishment and moved on so no big deal but I just get a kick out of the simple fact that every Pats hater out there is so simple minded in thinking that they are the only ones. Thats all

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

He who'eth without sin cast the first (deflated) football. ;)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2016 5:21PM

A different take... it's a pattern of league behavior heavily influenced by Mara and, by extension, the Giants. They were pressing the league office hard to punish the Patriots. Just like they got the union to agree to allow the league to punish the Cowboys, Redskins, Saints and Raiders for "over spending" in a uncapped year.

The integrity of the league office is at stake here. They need to come down hard on the Giants. In my mind, this infraction is worse than a pound of pressure in the football.

• Options

I am curious if DaveB and WrestlingCardKing still post, they were the biggest blowhards about the Pats being cheaters, curious what they have to say about this. At least With Dave know it was him being angry about his Seahawks making fools of themselves in their Super Bowl loss.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they could take that win away and give it to the Cowboys! :)

In all seriousness I don't think it changed the outcome of the game. You play bad ....... you lose!!!