Home Sports Talk
Options

Absurd trivia for Cleveland Browns fans.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has now been one year, exactly 365 days, since the Cleveland Browns have won a Football Game. The starting QB in that game was Johnny Manziel. That is absurd and hard for me to even wrap my head around.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    It has now been one year, exactly 365 days, since the Cleveland Browns have won a Football Game. The starting QB in that game was Johnny Manziel. That is absurd and hard for me to even wrap my head around.

Al H.

He is probably celebrating that right now by doing assorted drugs. :o

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fastest way to doom an NFL franchise - draft the wrong quarterback in the first round.
    Jaguars and Bortles.
    Browns and Manziel.
    Bills and EJ Manuel..
    If Redskins didn't have Cousins as their insurance for RGIII, they would be in same boat.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

Al H.

Fret not, for relief is in sight as the season soon will be reaching it's conclusion. And the Draft will be appearing that much closer.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

the absolute worst decision the Browns management could make right now would be to use their draft picks for any type of "skill" player, especially at QB. JMHO, but they should focus their attention on Offensive Lineman and Defensive Lineman almost exclusively and stick with what they have aside from that. the only deviation should be any player at any position who is an absolute speed-demon.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@breakdown said:
    Fastest way to doom an NFL franchise - draft the wrong quarterback in the first round.
    Jaguars and Bortles.
    Browns and Manziel.
    Bills and EJ Manuel..
    If Redskins didn't have Cousins as their insurance for RGIII, they would be in same boat.

Chiefs and Todd Blackledge

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Them taking Manziel was stupid from the get go, the kid was not a prototypical NFL QB to begin with so that's on them, there were other free agent QB's that would have been better options, but regardless they need to tear that whole program down and start over, forget skill position draft picks for now, they need to get both lines squared away and some DB's and can fill in the rest with marginal low dollar players to start getting it on track, they remind me of the Lions back in the day shooting blank after blank wasting #1 picks on WR's every year back in the day

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Them taking Manziel was stupid from the get go, the kid was not a prototypical NFL QB to begin with so that's on them, there were other free agent QB's that would have been better options, but regardless they need to tear that whole program down and start over, forget skill position draft picks for now, they need to get both lines squared away and some DB's and can fill in the rest with marginal low dollar players to start getting it on track, they remind me of the Lions back in the day shooting blank after blank wasting #1 picks on WR's every year back in the day

I agree with every word of this. The model they should be looking at is Dallas. If you can build an OL of that caliber then drafting QBs who are just solid players who don't make mistakes can get you very far.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@PM770 said:
    I agree with every word of this. The model they should be looking at is Dallas. If you can build an OL of that caliber then drafting QBs who are just solid players who don't make mistakes can get you very far.

Totally agree. Same goes for the RB - you could put anyone behind that line and they would do well

• Options

the Dallas OL is good, nobody would dispute that, but don't sell their QB and RB short. it might be a better comparison to state that Dak and Zeke would probably be successful with any Team, the OL they play behind just makes them that much better.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2016 7:55AM

@VikingDude said:

@PM770 said:

Totally agree. Same goes for the RB - you could put anyone behind that line and they would do well

I think Howard from the Bears would be rookie of the year if he played for the Cowboys instead. He was a fifty round pick I believe. He might not have total Zeke like numbers but it would be close. Prescotts job is not to make mistakes and he has certainly lived up to his end of the deal. He's got a great head on his shoulders.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

As good as they are......they are not as good as the '92-'93 Cowboys. That team scored early and often and the games were never in doubt. This team struggles and just barely wins. I know a win is a win, but..........

• Options

OK, the streak has ended at something like 377 days without a victory!!

• Options
    edited December 25, 2016 8:27AM

DIMEMAN, you can't even begin to compare it like that, your talking about a 3 time Super Bowl team and a team that hasn't played in its first Playoff game together-YET! If this current team makes a run at a few Super Bowls then you can start comparing them to the early 90's 'Boys!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    DIMEMAN, you can't even begin to compare it like that, your talking about a 3 time Super Bowl team and a team that hasn't played in its first Playoff game together-YET! If this current team makes a run at a few Super Bowls then you can start comparing them to the early 90's 'Boys!

I totally agree......I thought that is what I said. Either I wrote it wrong or you read it wrong! This team does not compare to that 90's team........NOT EVEN ON PAPER!

• Options

Well you said they are NOT as good as those early 90's Cowboys teams but I promise you if they run off 5 Super Bowls in the next 7 years you will change your tune lol, that's why I posted that you can't compare them...YET

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Well you said they are NOT as good as those early 90's Cowboys teams but I promise you if they run off 5 Super Bowls in the next 7 years you will change your tune lol, that's why I posted that you can't compare them...YET

Even if that happened they wouldn't be as good. I don't think the field is as good now as it was then.