Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

1934 Notes

I was at the gun show yesterday. The guy next to me received these three notes from a customer for some ammo cans. He called them matress money. After some discussion I bought them from him for face value. I collect coins and have a few silver certificates from circulation over the years but I'm not really a note guy. They're 1934 series and I was wondering if they're worth anything over face value?
Any advice is appreciated.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/montaulk/IMG_0497.jpg

Love the 1885-CC Morgan

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't call them mattress money but I have probably a couple of grand worth of Series 1934 notes that I keep as emergency money. They only have value if someone is willing to pay you a small amount over face value. Heavily circulated they are just a novelty.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

On the $20, if the back plate number in the lower right hand area is 204 you have something. Otherwise, they are just worth face value. You never know though, someone may pay a little more on eBay, but your fees may negate and premium they hammer for.

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

`I'll check the back tonight, but I know my luck. lol
    Thanks guys!

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Do they have green seals or blue seals?

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

The back plate number is 394.
    Green seals. Click on the pic link.