Home Sports Talk

Looks like a 11-5 season and a 1 and done in the playoffs for the Cowboys this year!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak has turned into Tony and everybody is playing like SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2016 10:23PM

@DIMEMAN Come on now.

I'll bet our D would not like to hear your description of "everybody is play.....".

I'm as a big as a Cowboys fan as there is but they haven't lost in like 3 months.

A loss at this time of year can be a reality check and get everyone to dig deep.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

DM

i just wet myself

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look on the bright side. Only the Giants can beat the cowboys. As long as they don't meet in the Playoffs it will be smooth sailing.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

The creation of this thread and the content contained herein may be the least surprising thing that happens in any of our lifetimes. Seriously, I knew I was going to hop on here and see this.

DM, you've gotta relax. This unexpected season has completely spoiled you. If someone had told you back in Sept that the Boys would be 11-2 and in the pole position, dare I say your trousers would have become moist.

Winning in the NFL is not easy. Especially on the road. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Sometimes you must tip your cap. Then get pissed and regroup.

Is Dallas the LA Rams on offense now? Of course not, man. The G-Men played out of their minds on defense that entire game. Why not give them a shred of cred? Sometimes it's not what you didn't do, but what the opposition did do.

That slant to the house by Beckham was otherworldly. I'm thinking Antonio Brown can pull that off, but that's about it. And I dunno what Janoris Jenkins is getting paid, but damn that man deserves a raise. Did Dez even make the flight to New York?

Dez was seen openly campaigning to put Romo in the game

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

I was going to start a similar thread only it was going to say

Wilson has turned into SHT and everybody is playing like SHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly, the season is just about over for the Cowboys. May as well put Romo back in.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman- Don't you have a panic room you can go to for the remainder of the season?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Dez was seen openly campaigning to put Romo in the game

mark

Romo was in the game.....wearing #4!

@LotsoLuck said:
    I was going to start a similar thread only it was going to say

Wilson has turned into SHT and everybody is playing like SHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least Seattle scored more than 7 points. And several of those Int's weren't Wilson's fault. When you hit the receiver in the hands and the ball flies up in the air it's not the QB's fault. Or the receiver falls down like Dez leaving only the DB there to catch the pass.

ARGH!!!!! I could eat a box of nails!!

The only 2 players for the Cowboys that did their jobs was Zeke with 100+ yards and Lee on defense flying all over and stopping everyone.

Every time our D gave up a 1st down I hit the arm of my chair. And guess what I need a new chair!!!!

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prescott is a rookie , teams have a lot of film of him now to look at. I would expect him to fade as the season ends as coaches figure out how to counter him.

If the Cowboys meet the Giants in the playoffs then they lose I think.

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Thank goodness that FG attempt at the end of the first half hit the crossbar. Imagine the game ending in a tie beset by rampant futility. DIMEMAN would have eventually bitten off all his fingertips and could only post with bloody nubs. Shame.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Dineman maybe you were right after all but the one and done was in the playoffs? I know I wouldn't want to play the Packers right now.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

@dennis07 said:
    Dineman maybe you were right after all but the one and done was in the playoffs? I know I wouldn't want to play the Packers right now.

The Packers can be beat if you play them right. If you don't contain Rodgers and he runs around extending the play he will carve you up.

The Giants contained him in the pocket and he still sliced and diced. I'm looking forward to the game. I'm hoping they both lose.

mark

@Justacommeman said:
    The Giants contained him in the pocket and he still sliced and diced. I'm looking forward to the game. I'm hoping they both lose.

mark

You must have been watching a different game.......he was out and about the whole game.

edited January 14, 2017 4:45PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

You must have been watching a different game.......he was out and about the whole game.

I dont know what game you watched. I watched this one.

For much of the first half, the Giants' defense flustered the two-time NFL MVP. They got pressure on Rodgers and the secondary blanketed the Packers' talented receiving corps , and a few boos even rained down from the stands after New York built a 6-0 lead on two field goals by Robbie Gould.

''Second half we got back to some rhythm throws and I was getting better on my timing, getting the ball out of my hand quickly,'' Rodgers said. ''No negative-yard plays, the offensive line blocked really well, regardless of the stats.''

He literally passed from the pocket and was getting the ball out quickly. I think almost all of his completions came from within the tackle box.

I don't know what to tell you. Rodgers and this reporter got it right as well.

mark