Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Unboxing Topps Wall Art 10x14s

(Video of me unboxing at the bottom!)

I have drank/drunk/drinked/drankethed the kool-aid and picked up some Topps Wall Art "posters" (the 10x14s). I actually loathe that they call them posters, because they are not poster stock; they are card stock.

Before picking them up, I tried to do research on them, and there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot on them, so I thought a video and pics would help.

I had mixed feelings on them, but thanks to a black friday deal, I picked up some. The mail lady dropped them off this morning, and I do have a few more coming up!

Firstly, though I knew the dimensions, they are larger than I thought they would be. I am not typically a collector of oversized stuff, but I do love different parallels / rainbows, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Here is a list of pros and cons for me:

CONS:

• They don't come in top loaders
  • No backs
  • They are oversized
  • Yet ANOTHER parallel to chase

PROS:

• They are much more fun than I thought!
  • Very unique addition to rainbow/parallel runs
  • Showing off a massive baseball card to non-collectors might be worth the price of admission alone!
  • They are now checklisted in Beckett

I kind of let out an audible sigh whenever I see Topps adding even more 5x7s, 10x14s, etc. but I dunno ... I do like these for some reason!

Here are the 4 different sizes of the A&Gs.

And for you astronomy geeks ....

And, here is a video of me showing them off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVqYTMXDYk

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

I like them too! I've picked up a few of the Mike Trout ones this year.

I would like to add one more CON to your list, as it's my biggest peeve with them...

• They are 10x14... and good luck finding a 10x14 frame in a store!

You can either put it in a 11x14 and let some backing show on the sides... or you have to get a custom mat cut with a 9.5x13.5 window to display it in a standard 16x20 frame (which is the route I will be going).

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@epatmythes I actually found some 11x15s on ebay that are top loaders. I picked up a pack of 20 - that will do the trick!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2016 3:52PM

@epatmythes said:
    I would like to add one more CON to your list, as it's my biggest peeve with them...

• They are 10x14... and good luck finding a 10x14 frame in a store!

There's a bunch of 10x14 frames on ebay, if you didn't know.