Home Sports Talk

Sale to red sox

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 6, 2016 12:06PM in Sports Talk

Just saw the red Sox have acquired sale for moncada and other prospects. The 2017 rotation looks as though it will be killer. Are the Sox now the frontrunners now in the first week of December?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too early to talk Baseball........this is FOOTBALL season......the BEST of the 4 sports!!

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2016 12:45PM

All they need is Colin Kaepernick to round out the rotation :wink:

Daniel
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2016 12:55PM

I bet he can heave it 90mph . We will let the yanks have him though

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Porcello, Price, Sale, Wright, Rodriguez, Pomeranz, and Buchholz. Wonder which one (or two) will be traded for a left-handed hitter/first baseman?

Please let it be Suckholtz

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't this the clown that was throwing fits over having his kid in the dugout? The guy that cut up his throwback jersey? Whats with picking up the whiny little girls lately?

I think the kid in the dugout guy was a position player and he retired over the whole little fiasco

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was Adam La Roche of the White Sox who had the hissy over being told to keep his kid out of the dugout. He subsequently retired and forfeited his $13m salary. The problem wasn't that management didn't want his son in the dugout from time to time, but everyday, day after day, got to be a bit much and they told him to dial it back, which LaRoche felt indifferent about and quit.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

It's never too early to talk baseball. I love the trades that have been made.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

heard the odds went from 10 - 1 to 5 to 1. go figure

• dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

so the #1 guy the Red Sox traded they picked up in 2015 for $31.5M signing fee and a $31.5M luxury tax. They dropped $63M on a guy who never played a major league inning for them. He is rated the #1 prospect in all of baseball. They also traded their #5, #9, and #28 ranked minor league guys. In essence they literally gave up the farm for Sale. Sale is a good pitcher but a giant head case. I'd like to revisit this trade in 3-5 years.

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Isn't this the clown that was throwing fits over having his kid in the dugout? The guy that cut up his throwback jersey? Whats with picking up the whiny little girls lately?

Adam LaRoche quit over the White Sox policy excluding his kid from the dugout.

Sale was the guy who cut-up the throwback jersey the White Sox wanted him to wear. Didn't feel comfortable pitching with it on.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big Al should be starting the new Red Sox thread soon enough

Hey Paul...gonna leave the 2017 thread opening honor to you.

BTW, my visit in October hit the sweet spot weather and color wise. Flew into Portland and drove over to Concord for a visit at my brother's in Loudon. Then north, drove through the notch, which is always a gem of a place. Up to Berlin and a bunch of backroads, including Bretton Woods area, ending in Littleton for a couple of days. Did the Kancamagus and lakes region. Some stunning color and little traffic. Back over to Portland and a drive to Cape Elizabeth where I used to live so many years ago. A good trip!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year!!

Best,
    Al

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Al my friend, that torch has been passed to you! It has long been the common practice for YOU to start the Sox thread and I start the Pats thread, gotta keep it going buddy, I don't input enough to the Sox thread to warrant a change to our tradition, I'm looking forward to you starting it!

Ok Paul, I'll accept the burden...however, I won't change my posts very much...when they play well I'm all in, when they play poorly, I'll have to comment. I will say that I plan to maybe post less about the team. Continuing to beat a dead horse issue becomes counter-productive...and, as I always say, it's only baseball. I think the INSANE and OBSCENE salaries have kinda soured me a bit on the game. My memories of the 50s, 60s in Fenway are crystal clear, never gonna see those days again.

So...ponder this....Koji is gone to the Cubs (for $6m/1 yr), why Dombrowski would allow this is a mystery to me, such a fan favorite. BTW, ever look at Dombro when the camera is on him? He's Mr. Nattily attired in his Joseph Aboud suit, (probably comped), cuff links, big money shirt and tie and his expression appears so intense that he's almost in a frozen frown. Pop a beer dude, dump da tie and chill a little.

Panda, according to the aforementioned GM is going to be a "key" player in 2017. El Sapo Gordo (the fat toad), claims he got "complacent" in 2016, and he's gonna hit the reset button in 2017. Complacent? Really? Geez, who knew? If he doesn't ditch at least the equivalent of 2 bowling balls, his performance will be diminished. I predict he'll continue to be the you know what in the punch bowl. One of the top 5 worst signings in the history of Yawkey Way.

Mike Napoli is being considered for a return to the Red Sox as a DH. He'd be ok and probably didn't really want to leave, but they had to put HanRam somewhere. Mike got another ring, so, he's happy either way.

Why Bucky avoided the Timlin bus is also a mystery to me. Bucky, I predict, will continue to struggle and not last the year.

Don't know too much about the new signings, time will tell. They open in Pittsburgh, could be snow.

Unfortunately, the team does not pass through Atlanta in 2017...saves me a 170 mile round trip I guess.