Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bobby Orr Rookie Card

Hi everyone, just wondering if one can tell the difference between an authentic rookie Orr card and a reprint?

I saw this one on ebay and it looks very nice. Is it a very nice reprint? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1966-TOPPS-BOBBY-ORR-ROOKIE-CARD-THIS-CARD-IS-ORIGINAL-NOT-A-REPRINT-/152342829552?hash=item23785719f0:g:Sd8AAOSwCGVX~Rw4

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6, 2016 12:55PM

The seller has already sold the same card one time. That would lead me to believe that something is not right with the card.
    James

Edit to add: The current high bidder is the same bidder that "won" it the last time it was auctioned. They are also high bidder or the under bidder on almost all of this seller's auctions. Pretty obvious shill bidding.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1966-TOPPS-BOBBY-ORR-ROOKIE-CARD-THIS-CARD-IS-ORIGINAL-NOT-A-REPRINT-/152275912979?hash=item23745a0913:g:Sd8AAOSwCGVX~Rw4

• Options

It's the only sports card he has listed or sold from what I can see, besides coins. So if the card was "won" and returned in October by the current high bidder, obviously he wouldn't bid again this time. So are they working together trying for far bigger payday than $3500?

Do you know if this ebay person can be reported even though I haven't made a bid?

Thanks for pointing out that the same card was already sold at least once earlier.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I would think that the cut line (see color change on the right side of the card and the associated line)
    would not be on a reprint.
    If you do buy card get it graded. You have 6 months to file a claim.
    Ask seller that if it comes back not authentic he offers refunds.
    That won't matter but if he agrees its more protection on your plate.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

It's real.

You can find better for $3500, if that is the functional price due to shilling.

• Options

For anyone who's interested. I sent a note to the seller. Sure stirred things up.

Question to seller: Just wondering about this card. It looks like you sold this same card in Oct. The same person who won is the leading bidder again this time. Please explain.

Also, if I won this card and sent it in to PSA to get graded and it cam back not authentic, can I get a refund. Thanks

Answers: The leading bidder buys 70 percent of my items and I had two cards this is the second one and it is authentic because I bought it from a card dealer that sells authentic items.

The first card was graded an 8 from psa , the buyer let me know because he was really happy with the card , and both cards were bought from the same dealer.

Then I get an automated ebay email later that my ebay bid was cancelled. Item no longer available. I check his listings and they're all removed. No more info from seller.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=152342829552

I guess this was time well wasted. Thanks guys.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great example of how usefull the board can be. Well done.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2017 6:39AM

There is no guarantee that a raw card is counterfeit or that it has been tampered with till you submit the item to P.S.A , a dealer could honestly say is it the real McCoy and not know the difference, he did remove the card off eBay so something is up with the authenticity or the seller does not want the hassle of a card being returned from a buyer with PSA saying it has been rejected, he is being honest now,i have not noticed any seller offering your money back if the card is not legitimate,if anyone is paying big money for raw cards beware. If i was a seller with a high end cards to sell they would automatically be sent to PSA and after the items were returned in good favour then i would proceed with the sale.I heard of an Orr r.c. that was graded by another 3rd party company but not P.S.A. or SGC and it sold for big money the card was crossed over to PSA and it was rejected!