Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where can I look to see what the current pricing is for 1970's racks and cello's

dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Is there an online price guide showing current rack and cello pricing for all sports?

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Tim's (Grote15) head? LOL

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dboneesq said:

LOL..

I do only baseball, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, no...there is not a guide for rack and cello pricing. I've tracked in my head some sales of racks, packs and cellos from the 70s over the past year just to give myself a ballpark of where I might need to be to bid. The problem that is encountered sometimes is some of the years rarely come up for sale, so it really is hard to gauge a market value of that particular issue. In addition, to complicate matters, some series' within the year sell more than others, and of course if there are stars on top/bottom, that can also effect prices. And like Doug mentioned, I'm sure Tim could be some assistance to you as well.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dboneesq said:

I second the motion re: Grote's head. Crazy prices on the 1971 PSA pack after last night on eBay through PWCC - make sure you update your head Tim to reflect the new $2500 price we discussed last night. All I need is that one and a regular 1975 to finish my run, but after seeing that price I am probably going to sell my 70's PSA packs since the 71 pack is more than the rest of the pack run combined.

KC

• Options

I am often asked what a pack's value is and my canned answer is, The TRUE value is what a buyer is willing to pay! Nowadays, there is NO way a set value can be put on any card or pack. We've seen that time and time again, especially as of late, in both high end singles and tough old packs that rarely come up for sale. I think it would be nearly impossible to put a set value on any vintage pack, be it wax, cello or rack. Of course condition, pack series, cards showing and the ole supply and demand of any particular pack would wreck havoc on any attempt to put a set value on these wax and cello wrapped collectibles. IMO....

Holy Schitt... I think I just crawled out of Tim's head.... Whoa.......