Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

19 bid retractions in the last 6 months

Got to love it when you've been outbid with 1.5 day to go by someone with 19 bid retractions in the last 6 months. This bidder has almost 40,000 feedback comments, so it's probably some kind of professional buyer/seller. One of the drawbacks of EBAY unfortunately. Someone with that many bid retractions should be put on probation for a year.

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Almost as bad is the seller who has a buyer bidding on his items with 20 feedback, been on ebay for 10 years and has a 98% bid history with the seller. Notice many of the case break sellers have people with bidding history like that

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

If there's little else to pursue on eBay, it would make some sense for bidders to be velcro'd to their sellers. The retraction thing has gotten beyond ridiculous and obviously the money grubbers don't notice because the sound of their PayPal accounts cha-ching-a-dingin' drowns out all other sounds. Stick to a method that works for you and worry less about the BS.

• Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

There is nothing more frustrating than seeing this when looking at the bidder you are going against. I'm sure I overpaid for the item:

It's easily eBay's biggest black eye.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

No excuse for ebay allowing retractions. I have been saying this for years. Since ebay makes more money by allowing them, they probably will never stop retractions.
    Please don't tell me that everyone makes a mistake once in a while. Retractors confirm their bids and should honor them.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set