Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

12 Days of Christmas Carnage IV (The rest of the grades are finally here!!)

2»

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2016 2:53PM

Awesome to pull Unitas!

That parker has a 0 PSA 10 pop(and only 16 of 227 9s). Any chance?

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Tough breaks on the staubach but you pulled some pretty cards, congrats and thanks for sharing.

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Johnny U has just hypnotized me in to getting that exact same crew cut. Was this his intent of the kaleidoscope eyes ?

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2016 7:49PM

@OddRodz said:
    Johnny U has just hypnotized me in to getting that exact same crew cut. Was this his intent of the kaleidoscope eyes ?

Yea, I've always thought he had kind of a "crazy" look on his face on that card.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Fun rip Scott. Thanks for sharing.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

Bravo! Happy Holiday!

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Oh dang! Great pull, but sorry about the centering. Thanks for sharing all these pack openings!

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Great thread! Some beautiful cards there. Would love to hear the story behind Unitas' facial expression.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful hit - thanks for sharing.

Vataha and Stingley bring back memories.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@ssollars said:
    Day 12 - Merry Christmas Everyone!!

To end this year's rips I've chosen the '60s cello pack that potentially has the biggest card of the 1960 set based on the sequencing. The pack didn't disappoint, although it could have been soooo much better.

This pack yielded stunning cards and great centering for the most part!! Less than a 1/16 of an each could have made this rip so much more interesting when sending that big card to PSA! It still may have a shot at an 8, the centering is just inside the criteria for an 8, Enough teasing, here are all the cards:

My only worry in the bottom right corner, hopefully they don't deem it MC or trimmed :worried:

Thanks for watching another great year of carnage.

Until next year...

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day and a safe and happy new year.

Scott

Unitas was deemed MC by PSA :(

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

M/C? Damn ... Do u have a pic of the reverse because the front sure and hell does not look m/c. Too bad.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

I don't have a scan of the back, it wasn't MC from what I remember. I stated in the original post I was worried about the bottom right corner which is more noticeable on the back.

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

I'm sure you probably already know, but there are two kinds of MC. The qualifier, which should be holdered and then there's the N8 miscut that doesn't fit into a holder; usually due to a funky cut. That bottom right may be the culprit.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options

It was the N8 type.

• Options

AH, OK ... thanks for the clarification.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Finally got the rest of the cards back from PSA from the this rip. Nothing too unexpected, no vintage 10s :( , but a couple 9s showed up. The results are posted below...

I sent every card from the 1960 cello...

and of course the big disappointment... from my measurements, this is less than 1/32 of an inch off on the bottom right corner!!!!

4 of the 6 cards from the 1963 pack...

4 of the 10 cards from the 1970 pack...

and the rest... the best outcome for the Staubach I could have got! At least one Unitas got graded :)

• Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Great looking cards, thanks for sharing! I'd definitely send the Unitas back at some point.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed those are some great looking cards. Bummer about the 1960 Unitas. Thanks for sharing the rip and posting the graded results. Always fun to follow.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work, some beautiful cards in that lot!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Awesome looking cards. Too bad about the Unitas. As has been already said, I'd send it back in. Best of luck and thanks for sharing.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Very nice cards! Thanks so much for sharing the break!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

thanks for the fun Scott.....see ya i a few months. Maybe it's time for a BB carnage rip at Christmas time!! Who wants to step up boyz???