Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Input requested-PWCC auction listing title description

Hello everyone; looking for some input. A few months ago, I put up a post about liquidating my collection. I got lots of great feedback and was able to work out some deals.

I've sent my complete run of factory sealed Topps and Bowman Tiffany, Fleer Glossy, and Score Glossy from the 80's, early 90s and 2000s sets to PWCC. The auctions are live now.

When I sent the items in, I marked on the consignment form that they were all factory sealed. Now that they are listed, some have the items listed as "factory sets" and not "factory sealed sets" in the title. The item descriptions do mention the sets as sealed. Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Topps-Tiffany-Factory-Base-Set-w-McGwire-Puckett-Clemens-ROOKIE-RC-PWCC-/351919232195?hash=item51f00554c3:g:4F0AAOSwA3dYPJt-

I think that having "sealed" in the title is an important part. PWCC offered me the option of ending the auctions and relisting in part two of the current auction or leaving as is.

What does everyone think? Am I being over the top thinking that "sealed" in the title will make a material difference in the end price?

Comments

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

I think you are in the right for requesting that "sealed" be in the original title. Imagine a sought after box of unopened put up on eBay as sealed vs unsealed. I think the sealed box would bring a better return easily, for obvious reasons. That's my $.02.

Good luck with your auctions!

• Options
    1957Braves1957Braves Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input. The only thing that gives me pause is that they have to end the auction and relist. May turn off some people that were bidding on the original listing.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Tiffany set is already at $404 and you can clearly see the sticker has not been busted. I think anyone looking at the auction will be able to see it is indeed a factory sealed set.

Your auction has already been viewed 132 times and has 33 watchers. I would let this one run.

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Plus, PWCC mentioned "sealed" in the copy. You are fine as is.

• Options

Thanks again. I also wish there was a picture at a 45 degree angle, to show the
    complete seal, but again maybe I'm going overboard. I think there's thousands of items in this batch and I don't expect PWCC to know the intricacies of every item in the sports collecting world to word the titles a certain way. Let's let them go as there are. Everyone, feel free to bid large sums of money on each item :)

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would let them run and they should do well - best place to have sell your stuff for visibility. Although maybe next time you can get "super high end sealed" put on them? ;)

• Options

Dare I dream?

On a serious note, I do appreciate everyone who took time on my post a few months ago and here again for the advice. It's great to have a community to turn to. My wife talked me off the ledge of selling everything I own by suggesting just a few things. Happy to still be in the game because collecting is something I really enjoy. Hope I can pay it forward by becoming a bit more of a participant here and offering my questionable options. ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

For future consigning reference, there is a review period prior to each listing going live. This allows time for once-overs, and if any tweaking whatsoever needs to be accomplished, a quick e-mail to Brent will do the trick.

glw your auctions..........hope you rake.

• Options

I saw that there was a review period. I sent in a request on some of the other sets, but they never made the changes. I followed up after the auctions went live. They mentioned they did not see my note with my change requests and apologized and asked what I would like to do. They're being very helpful and offering options at each step. I think I'll just let everything ride and see what happens.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2016 5:01PM

@1957Braves said:
    I saw that there was a review period. I sent in a request on some of the other sets, but they never made the changes. I followed up after the auctions went live. They mentioned they did not see my note with my change requests and apologized and asked what I would like to do. They're being very helpful and offering options at each step. I think I'll just let everything ride and see what happens.

Yeah, that happens occasionally due to the sheer enormity of their auctions. I think you'll be fine -- countless pairs of eyeballs viewing those listings, the vast majority of which were at no time under a rock.