Home Sports Talk
Options

El Tigre -- out in 33, came home in 40

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be expected. Glimpses, yet stark reality after 466 days.

I never liked the guy before, but man I have missed him. Sooo glad he is back.

Comments

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two double bogeys. That never used to happen. He plays like he doesn't really trust himself yet. And he's been that way for awhile.
    Hope he plays better. Like him or not, the game is more interesting when he is playing. But this only works if he is making cuts and on the leaderboard.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2016 3:53PM

Vintage Eldrick today -- bogey-free 65. Almost dunked one on #12.

DL III won a golf tournament last year at age 51. Vijay Singh (53) very nearly did the same a few months ago. Tiger is turning 41 at the end of this month.

Golf is a different breed; time is on your side. He isn't done yet. Not by a long shot.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Good day today for sure. The game is better with Tiger there. I hope he plays in Phoenix this year as I am going. I believe he usually skips it but hopefully it's the new Tiger!

• Options

@larryallen73 said:
    Good day today for sure. The game is better with Tiger there. I hope he plays in Phoenix this year as I am going. I believe he usually skips it but hopefully it's the new Tiger!

That is one tournament I'd love to attend. Please tell me you're gonna pay the cover charge @ 16? lol

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see him get through the tournament w/o any issues. Played even. Not great, but enough to build on. My only fear is his back could go on any swing. These events will be his spring training leading up to the Masters. That's where his goals stand, majors, providing his health cooperates. I don't think he will go all out in the non-major events. He will economize his efforts.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Golf is better with Tiger.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before and am saying it again, for Tiger to get the mojo back....he's gotta get his women game back.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

That is one tournament I'd love to attend. Please tell me you're gonna pay the cover charge @ 16? lol

I doubt it. I am getting free tickets from a player for my whole group of guys. I don't know him well enough to get more than general admission though. :)

• Options

@larryallen73 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

I doubt it. I am getting free tickets from a player for my whole group of guys. I don't know him well enough to get more than general admission though. :)

Sorry, I was making a vague reference to the raucous party atmosphere at #16. Hopefully you can meander to that hole and experience something similar to this ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFQb0Q3NHIQ

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

Sorry, I was making a vague reference to the raucous party atmosphere at #16. Hopefully you can meander to that hole and experience something similar to this ; )

Ha, ha. I know about the 16th. I looked into it recently and appears only way is through sponsorship package. That is, either buy a sponsorship or find someone we know to get us in. I don't know anybody there and the sponsorship is like $50k which is more than I want to spend for a golf weekend. However, we will definitely be there and check out all the parties. My understanding is that there are party tents all over the course. I have a feeling there will be more beer drinking than golf watching.

• Options

@larryallen73 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

@galaxy27 said:

@larryallen73 said:

Ha, ha. I know about the 16th. I looked into it recently and appears only way is through sponsorship package. That is, either buy a sponsorship or find someone we know to get us in. I don't know anybody there and the sponsorship is like $50k which is more than I want to spend for a golf weekend. However, we will definitely be there and check out all the parties. My understanding is that there are party tents all over the course. I have a feeling there will be more beer drinking than golf watching.

Will you be unable to hug the hole on the ground via general admission? Is it an Augusta-esque scenario in which you must make a beeline once the gates open, otherwise you're out of viewing luck?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Will you be unable to hug the hole on the ground via general admission? Is it an Augusta-esque scenario in which you must make a beeline once the gates open, otherwise you're out of viewing luck?

I am not sure. I should start doing some research. We will probably go a couple days so can scout it out the first day. I understand Saturday is just mayhem out there.... so we will be there!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me Golf hasn't been worth watching since Nicklas, Palmer, Player and Trevino retired.