Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1954 Aaron PSA 8 on pwcc

Looking at this Aaron PSA 8 and the description card looks really good, and then I look at the lower left corner and something does not look right. Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

That is one funky corner :o

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks to me that there is some distortion with the inner edge of the case.

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    It looks to me that there is some distortion with the inner edge of the case.

+1

The inner side edge that is supposed to keep the card in place looks like it is distorting the corner.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am pretty sure it's been floating around in the hobby for the last 4 or 5 years. It's always scared me with that corner and I have never been a huge fan of the rough cut cards.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

distortion via inner holder magnification.

look closely and you'll see the only corner which doesnt show signs of distortion is the upper right corner as its not touching any of the inner holder panels.

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

and id be far more worried about the chipping on that top border, the hair line something above his ear extending from blue cap towards right border, the several different colors of orange background and so forth...

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Old serial number, new holder, slight tilt. You could wait on a 7 which looks as good and maybe pay much less.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@travis t said:
    Old serial number, new holder, slight tilt. You could wait on a 7 which looks as good and maybe pay much less.

I agree, last month Heritage had a nicer PSA8 and a nicer PSA 7 but unfortunately I couldn't afford either.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not touching this one with your PayPal - thought it was odd to see an 8 with such a high rating and such a bad corner.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Buy the card and not the holder. This is indeed the case for this Aaron RC. Interesting to see the final price.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Optical illusion on the corner. Eyes and cards can sometimes be like eyewitnesses and crime. Not a bad looking card, never really wanted an Aaron RC myself, seen far worse.

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

that is a very common cutting flaw on 54 topps. I have owned quite afew over the years that came in lots from original collections and both psa and sgc grade them without a deduction. That said , even though it is probably a factor cut that way, I wouldn't want it on a card of this value. On cheap commons, it doesn't bother me and I like the rough cuts

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Nice looking card. I dont have the bank for it. Hope it makes some1 happy