Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

World Coins in Bulk; Not the Usual Stuff

Hello All,

I collect world coins. I like to buy them five pounds at a time and sort through them. I have coins from all the countries commonly found in bulk purchases (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, Canada, Greece, etc.).

Can someone suggest a good source to buy world coins in bulk, but containing some of the less common coins found in "per pound" orders?

My goal is to collect a few coins from as many countries as possible around the world.

Stanley

Comments

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Check with Josh at Civitas. There was a recent thread about a 5 lbs lot from another member.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭

I would be that other member...
    Here is how Josh at Civitas describes his lots:
    This is a 5 pound lot of a random mix of coins of the world. Coins will mostly be from the 1900s with a few 1800s and 2000s here and there. You might find the occasional silver coin, but not many. We try to keep out the tokens and junk coins, but we sometimes miss them. Grades will range from cull to Brilliant Uncirculated. These lots typically contain 400-600 coins from 25 to 45 different countries and are a great way to start a new world coin collection.

I was pleased with the mix but I don't normally buy by weight so I don't know what you're used to.

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send lordmarcovan a PM.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    Send lordmarcovan a PM.

Something for him to do when he's on nights.

Paul
  • tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with how it compares to having less of the common coins usually found in per-pound orders, but did you know about @danglen 's shop? Scroll to the bottom half of page linked...Black Mountain Coins - bulk world coins