Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Football prices for new quarterbacks..

Mariota, Derek Carr, Andrew Luck, etc. The prices for these are ridiculous. These guys are pretty good, but so was Colin Kaeprenick(sp). And the prices are equal to or more than Brees, Eli, Ben. Why? Brees, statistically, is one of the top 5 QB's and overall probably a top 10 or 15 QB. The chances any of these other dudes even getting close to Drew is about 1%. So why not invest, buy, pay in the early 2000's versus these really unknown QB's.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

I just collect what I like instead of what might go up the most. I do collect Unitas, Starr, Brodie, Griese, Bradshaw, Montana, Elway, Marino, and a few others. I don't really collect anything recent. Just remember this, someday you might be stuck with whatever you purchased, so make sure it's something you like. If I was investing (which I'm not), I'd probably stay away from football cards altogether and just buy baseball cards.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Hype is demand, and demand is the driving force behind card prices... no matter how justified it may or may not be.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the changes in offense and rules, a lot of FB passing records will be going down over the next decade. It's almost like the steroid era in baseball, the numbers get so jacked up that the previous era QBs look plain by comparison.

Mike
  • Options

Dak is on fire!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

The market for post-2011 rc qbs is volatile. Recommend sticking with high grade tier 1 hofers like montana, elway, marino, etc.....anything pre 1990s stuff. Those are both fun to collect and higher long term value imo.