Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Football getting like Basketball?

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the sense that all you have to do more often then not is watch the last 2 minutes. It seems to me this year more than ever that more games go right down to the last few ticks of the clock. And noticeably the team that is behind always seems to get the ball last for maximum excitement,translating into higher TV ratings.Is it me or have others noticed this. Almost seems scripted.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a word....NO.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is probably just you.

• Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

It sorta fits for the Lions.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL system is designed for parity, the difference between winning teams and losing teams is small (except for the Browns!).

Mike
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    The NFL system is designed for parity, the difference between winning teams and losing teams is small (except for the Browns!).

I hate parity. The owners should be allowed to pay their players whatever they want. There should be NO salary cap!!!!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:

Agree. The Browns, the one constant this year you can rely on.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".