Home Sports Talk
Options

If Dallas had a defense they would be dangerous!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geeze what a pathetic showing.

Josh Norman needs an attitude adjustment!!

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

The same can be said for the Redskins. That skins offense, specifically the passing offense, is darn good. Cousins has been great and his weapons of Jackson, Crowder, Garcon, Reed, Davis, etc. are really good. The Cowboys and Redskins both struggle with defense though. After this game I see the Cowboys winning the division, but the Redskins are a dangerous team with that offense, and they could make some noise here ending the season and maybe into the playoffs as a wild card.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

No elite offensive team out there right now has a shutdown Defense.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

D-man, you absolutely kill me dude.

I just knew I was going to hop on here the day after Thanksgiving and see an "I'm so very thankful that my team is relevant once again" thread from you. Instead, Dallas would be formidable if the defense didn't suck. Ya do know that at no time in the history of the Pokes have they ever run off 10 straight, right? lol

And why does Josh Norman need to adjust his attitude but Dez doesn't? For that matter, why do either of them need to change? Who doesn't fancy an everlasting fight within a game?

Lastly, the Redskins have a potent offense. There should be zero shame in exiting a tight contest against them victoriously. A win is a win is a win in the NFL, my friend.

Now, go scarf down some leftovers and hit us with a scintilla of positivity when you rouse from your tryptophan-induced coma. Your team is good.........time to rejoice!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    D-man, you absolutely kill me dude.

I just knew I was going to hop on here the day after Thanksgiving and see an "I'm so very thankful that my team is relevant once again" thread from you. Instead, Dallas would be formidable if the defense didn't suck. Ya do know that at no time in the history of the Pokes have they ever run off 10 straight, right? lol

And why does Josh Norman need to adjust his attitude but Dez doesn't? For that matter, why do either of them need to change? Who doesn't fancy an everlasting fight within a game?

Lastly, the Redskins have a potent offense. There should be zero shame in exiting a tight contest against them victoriously. A win is a win is a win in the NFL, my friend.

Now, go scarf down some leftovers and hit us with a scintilla of positivity when you rouse from your tryptophan-induced coma. Your team is good.........time to rejoice!

g27 - don't get me wrong....I am very thankful for the win....it's just nerve racking seeing the other team answer with a score every time we score. Give me some defense please. On the jawing between Dez and Norman......I just don't want to be hit with a 15 yarder!!!!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't blame Dallas, give credit to Washington.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Weakness exposed. Pump fake, crossing pattern....nope. Step slow cornerback gets beat by a bomb. Watch for that in the playoffs. DIMEMAN should worry. Pete Carroll loves it.

• Options

@travis t said:
    Weakness exposed. Pump fake, crossing pattern....nope. Step slow cornerback gets beat by a bomb. Watch for that in the playoffs. DIMEMAN should worry. Pete Carroll loves it.

Pete Carroll will probably be watching from home....if he is there it will be in Big D and he will have his hands full trying to stop our offense. ;)

• Options

I absolutely expect Carroll to be stalking the sideline in Big D 2 weeks prior to Super Sunday, if not his own. I think there are many people who feel it would be a fantastic matchup, assuming all other things fall into place and allow this collision to occur. The best of the AFC would need to work extra hard to exceed the potential for either team.

• Options

The best in the AFC is NE....with Denver and Raiders next.

All Dallas has to do to beat any of these is score first and answer every score and have the ball last! B)

• Options

It's that simple! :D

• Options

@travis t said:
    It's that simple! :D

From my Lazyboy recliner it is. B)

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to a Seahawk-Cowboy NFC Championship Game. Hope it plays out that way. What a dream game!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Jones could trade Elliott for a top defender and a couple of top draft picks. Couldn't anyone run behind that offensive line?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that would be a mistake. The OL is great but Elliott is a rare and special talent. The same could have been said about the OL when E. Smith played, but Dallas wisely kept him. RBs like Elliott come along few and far between.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I don't do sarcasm very well.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    I guess I don't do sarcasm very well.

Sorry, I thought you were Dimeman, lol.. ;)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Zeke is a Cowboy forever.......I hope!

• Options

I don't know where to start on this (Minn.) game.....so I won't.

I'll just say you can't play any worse and STILL win!!!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minn. didn't help their cause with a 5 yard penalty going for the 2 pt. conversion at the end of the game. Can't remember when I last saw that happen on a 2 pt. conversion try.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Should have been another penalty on hit to Bradford's helmet that ref missed.

• Options

@grote15 said:

That was insendental .......he was going for the ball. Besides they called plenty of holds that weren't!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

That was insendental .......he was going for the ball. Besides they called plenty of holds that weren't!!!

LOL. Any blow to the helmet on a QB is an automatic penalty. Ref simply missed it.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

LOL. Any blow to the helmet on a QB is an automatic penalty. Ref simply missed it.

Like the guy said.....it was a glance off the shoulder. All I can say is.....I wouldn't expect the call if it was my QB.

• Options

DM, it's a penalty, man. Your Cowboy bias is showing here. The ref's view was obstructed by the other arm which came down on Bradford's shoulder pad. It my have been incidental but it is still a penalty that would have been called had the ref seen it.

• Options

• Options

Be what it may.....if the refs hadn't called the holds that weren't stopping our drives we would have had more points and this would be a moot point.

• Options

Lol, nice deflection, DM.

• Options

It was an ugly game and an ugly win.......but a win is a win. B)

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

Kinda like that Seahawk/Packers game : D

• Options

@LotsoLuck said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Kinda like that Seahawk/Packers game : D

If you are talking about that Monday Night game a couple of years ago...........not near the same. ;)

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

I am. But a win is a win :)
    After watching last nights game I realized the Cowboys wont make it past the Seahawks this year. I draw this conclusion based on the Vikings offense looking very much like the Hawks on a bad day and they still came close to a Win.
    Dallas has a O-Line to die for and the two rookies are a blast to watch, mmmm, not much else going on.
    Can't wait for the match up!

• Options

@LotsoLuck said:
    I am. But a win is a win :)
    After watching last nights game I realized the Cowboys wont make it past the Seahawks this year. I draw this conclusion based on the Vikings offense looking very much like the Hawks on a bad day and they still came close to a Win.
    Dallas has a O-Line to die for and the two rookies are a blast to watch, mmmm, not much else going on.
    Can't wait for the match up!

Our biggest problem is "no pass rush", but We have some guys coming back and I think on a bad day we can still handle the Seahawks. Only time will tell.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday night games are nearly all a bust.
    No matter who's playing.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

I saw a picture (I can't find it now) and it showed the hit and the ref was not looking at Bradford but was looking downfield. The ref was on Bradford's left side.

• Options

The crazy thing about this game was that every time we (Dallas) failed to stop them on 3rd down I would hit the arm of my chair...........I need a new chair! But yet we only gave up 15 points! We should win ANY game where we only give up 15.

And 6 of those were in the last minute of the game. GO COWBOYS!!!

• Options

Bradford's a crummy actor. If he had taken that hit and fallen down, they likely would have tossed the laundry at Dallas, then conferred for about 10 minutes before rendering the correct decision. So his fail cost NBC a ton of additional advertising revenue as well. Loser.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2016 10:13AM

If that was Cam Newton taking that hit, there would have been 20 press conferences about it already.

• Options

Bradford was a really good college QB.......not so much in the NFL. He gets the ball out quick which means nothing deep, but he is hard to sack getting the ball out between 1 and 2 seconds.

• Options

Sure would be nice if the Defense would show up against the Bucs. We are making them look good.