Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

what cards are y'all getting for black Friday or boxes

happy turkey day

jesse6131414

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was looking over the 20% off sale at Target for 2016 Topps baseball. As they are out of 52 Topps boxes ;) .

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

2015 Bowman Case from Blowout for $399.95. Put it on the shelf for 3 years and sell it for $1000, or at least I hope so and have had great success in the past.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Not much of a sale at BBCE. IIRC their black friday sales in the past were more buyer friendly.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    Not much of a sale at BBCE. IIRC their black friday sales in the past were more buyer friendly.

according to the blog past entries this is exact same sale from past few years.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a few 1980's packs, some 1990's basketball boxes, and a bunch of 2014 FB to rip.

Mike
  • Options

I picked up a 1955 Bowman Baseball PSA 8 pack from BBCE and a 2015 Bowman Football Hobby Case so far.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

It's the same as last year. At some point the did have a sale. I got 83 Donruss and fleer boxes for $69 each. But I think was either cyber Monday or some random day between thanksgiving and Christmas.

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if they still do it, but BBCE used to have a sale called the '12 days of Christmas' where for 12 days straight, they would run a pretty good special on some random product (in limited quantity) until it sold out. That's how I got my PSA 8 1979 OPC hockey wax pack.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@BeRoyalKC said:
    2015 Bowman Case from Blowout for $399.95. Put it on the shelf for 3 years and sell it for $1000, or at least I hope so and have had great success in the past.

I don't collect modern baseball. Is this basically like betting on the next hot rookie to come out of those boxes in the future?

Steve
  • Options

Betta start with signed Donald Trump cards. Look at what Probstein is selling @ over 1K

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

80s FB and anything with 09 BK draft class. ;)

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I'm a sucker for 2012 basketball. There was a case of Marquee that was offerred on Blowout for a pretty good price, but I was too late. :(