Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RIP Ralph Branca

RIP Ralph Branca- I remember meeting him and Bobby Thomson (who passed away in 2010) at the 2001 All Star Game Fan Fest and getting them both to sign a ball. They were both gracious, polite, and quite talkative. Their signatures were very legible (which is something that today's athletes could learn from) and the ball has been proudly displayed on my desk in my Man Cave ever since. MLB Authentication Program was fairly new and was on site authenticating all signatures if desired once they were signed. I will never forget this day and I am glad that I have a collectible commemorating such a big moment in sports. The "Shot Heard 'Round the World" autographed ball will always be one of my favorite collectibles in my collection.

Andre Dawson Super Collector, who also collects the following-
*Baseball* HOF autographs, Harold Baines, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan & Seattle Mariners
*Football* Seattle Seahawks, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent, Jon Kitna, & Brian Bosworth
YouTube Channel link; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAyO141lGqcV2fEjt723jUQ

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Thanks for the pixs.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

great item & photos...I had the pleasure of meeting Branca about four years ago at a book signing

RIP Ralph

IMF

P.S. About 10 years ago, I wanted to add a Branca/Thomson combo signed ball to my collection and knowing that a lot of people misspell Thomson's name "Thompson," I searched eBay using that keyword with Branca and got a real nice deal...

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Sad news

RIP

Great memory though.

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started