Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWP: 1791 ICK. GERMAN STATES. Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt 1/2 Taler.

Purchased from Atlas. Not related to my core collection but really liked the Wildman theme on reverse and overall appearance.

1791 ICK. GERMAN STATES. Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt 1/2 Taler. Friedrich Karl. Saalfeld. KM 133; Jaeger 20; Fischer 587.Obv: Bust of Friederick Karl facing left. Rev: Two nude bushmen aside the coat of arms. Superb lustrous gem, attractively toned. NGC MS-65.

Comments

• Options
    dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

Great coin zohar! I always get a vicarious thrill when I see your coins. The figure at right looks more like the bushman's girlfriend to me :smile:

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, bold coin! Very nice.

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dadams said:
    Great coin zohar! I always get a vicarious thrill when I see your coins. The figure at right looks more like the bushman's girlfriend to me :smile:

Thanks so much dadams. Quite the engravers back then!

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely stunning example - I know you'll love this one for a long time!

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

My name is worldcoinguy, and I approve this message.

I wonder what held it back from the next grade up the slab ladder? The detail is extraordinary.

• Options
    edited November 22, 2016 8:33PM

@worldcoinguy said:

Brent - do you remember sometime in 2009 when we both "met" online as Taler novices (you were more advanced)... what a fascinating world of coins we have handled since eh..? Good stuff.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin is definitely not ICK. :wink:

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

A beautiful coin.

Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Congrats, great design and eye appeal.

• Options
    desslokdesslok Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

Great coin. I am simply amazed by the level of detail on a coin minted using 1791 technology. Those guys took their money quite seriously, I guess!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this coin! Great strike and nice color. :)

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@worldcoinguy said:

I wonder what held it back from the next grade up the slab ladder? The detail is extraordinary.

My name is marcmoish, and I too approve of worldcoinguy approving this message :#
    I believe fields truly are 65 - but agree it's missing a star or a plus !!

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

@Zohar said:

@worldcoinguy said:

Brent - do you remember sometime in 2009 when we both "met" online as Taler novices (you were more advanced)... what a fascinating world of coins we have handled since eh..? Good stuff.

Z - I think it was 9 years ago if i am not mistaken. I am glad you reached out to say hello and ask a few questions about talers. I am not sure i gave you any deep wisdom but perhaps it was just a nudge in the right direction. What is the old saying about the butterfly effect (when a butterfly flaps its wings, the chain reaction of events leads to things much bigger)? I have enjoyed watching both the collection and knowledge base grow exponentially.

• Options

@worldcoinguy said:

@Zohar said:

@worldcoinguy said:

Z - I think it was 9 years ago if i am not mistaken. I am glad you reached out to say hello and ask a few questions about talers. I am not sure i gave you any deep wisdom but perhaps it was just a nudge in the right direction. What is the old saying about the butterfly effect (when a butterfly flaps its wings, the chain reaction of events leads to things much bigger)? I have enjoyed watching both the collection and knowledge base grow exponentially.

You forgot both of us aging along with the coins

• Options

@marcmoish said:

@worldcoinguy said:

My name is marcmoish, and I too approve of worldcoinguy approving this message :#
    I believe fields truly are 65 - but agree it's missing a star or a plus !!

Here is a 64 as a comparable -

https://northeastcoin.com/popupcontainer.jsp?include=/popup/viewImage.jsp&itemKey=zi29_422242104