Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Curious to see how this ends ( 52 Mantle )

Looks like a Buy it now steal today;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-Mickey-Mantle-rookie-baseball-card-SGC-70-5-5-311-Ex-graded-Yankees-/112210661552?hash=item1a2046d0b0:g:-TAAAOSwXeJYMRMw

But same card sold with new SGC flip and same serial number in August this year;

http://www.milehighcardco.com/mobile/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=45089

The ebay seller had the exact same looking card but in a old SGC flip. Not sure what to make of this one but I'm guessing it will not end well.

Comments

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

That was a steal. I wonder if he mistakenly listed it as a BIN because in the body of the listing he states "low reserve".

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    That was a steal. I wonder if he mistakenly listed it as a BIN because in the body of the listing he states "low reserve".

Yes a steal but the exact same card sold in a new SGC flip (same serial #) already for 4x as much in a mile high auction recently. Someone is out 11k IMO and eBay buyer protection sucks so hopefully they used a credit card.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Its the same card I believe based on spot comparisons. Weird situation though so something had to have happened.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2016 8:30PM

@addicted2ebay said:

@ElvisP said:

Yes a steal but the exact same card sold in a new SGC flip (same serial #) already for 4x as much in a mile high auction recently. Someone is out 11k IMO and eBay buyer protection sucks so hopefully they used a credit card.

So the bay seller used an old picture and really doesn't have the card, correct? I noticed the ebay seller hasn't sold any cards, only car parts. It does smell.

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Yes I believe but how do they have the old photo? Very strange.