Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

FUN Show 2017

Is anyone going? I'll be there. Any chance to get out of Maryland during the winter to some place warm...I'm there!

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Comments

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope to be there!

• 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will be there Thursday thru Saturday and will be helping man the SPMC table (when I'm not trying to spend money at the Heritage auction). Stop by and say hi!

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be there for a day or two....

• I'll be there wednesday to saturday.
    A major MN Nationals collection will be part of the Heritage auction, so I couldn't miss that! :smile:

Interested in MN and SD Nationals.

• Same here, also at the SPMC table.

* R. Shawn Hewitt
    * Enthusiast of Minnesota Notes
    * Researching non-star and pre-star replacement notes in the 1903-1920 era
    * Minnesota Paper Money
    -------------------------
  • Hope I`ll be there on Saturday

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be set up with a corner table.I'll be bringing a large group of notes available for sale.Don't have the table number as of yet but please come and find me...Bottom Line Currency

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

See you there!

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

Anyone else going?

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I am super bummed, I will be missing FUN this time around.

That sucks!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

I'll be at table 1131 for the duration. After all, I'm playing in my home park.

Currency will be in the case only thru Friday as it will make way for lower end and modern coins for the casual collector on Sat & Sunday.

I'll be set up at table # 1036.Please stop by and see me.

Tooky you can't miss this show!! There's too much goofing off we need to do!

• Won't be able to go - I just feel I can't justify to the wife why I'm going down to the land of FUN and sun and she has to stay up here and work.

Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well.

Work stuff got in the way. I just hired someone this week, but they won't be trained in time for me to make it out to FUN.

...I still need to mail your shirts lol.

I'm hoping to hit Spring ANA in Orlando

@Tootawl said:
    Tooky you can't miss this show!! There's too much goofing off we need to do!

• OldBucksOldBucks Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

I will not be there this year. If your going, have a great time.

"Monstra Mihi Pecuniam" = "Show me the money!"
    "If nothing else, lets agree that we disagree"
    "The more I know, the more I know I dont know"
    Member of: PCDA, SPMC, ANA, IBNS, ISNA, ILNA, CSNS, CCC, MSNS, FUN

Doesn't look like any one is going to be there except me. :)

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Cliff, I will see you there.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have arrived in the area. Can't wait until Thursday.

@Jim61 said:
    Cliff, I will see you there.

It was great hanging out with you again Jim!

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts on Heritage FUN auction?

Happy birthday cliff!!

Thanks dude! :)

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    Any thoughts on Heritage FUN auction?

I was wondering as well how auctions did and what was the general strength and weakness of the market?

• Rare and gem brought good prices!!!! Average nationals , low prices or did not sell

• SlasherSlasher Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

That is the way the market has been for some time now............Good notes bring good prices because that is the stuff that collectors are bidding up. The common crap that they already have does not receive strong bids because they don't pursue it and the dealer price floor for bidding has sunken lower.

To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!!!
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slasher hit the nail right on the head. The good Nationals brought very good prices - certainly not at the peak of 10 years ago - but the best they have been in at least a few years. I drove one note to 50% over the high estimate and still didn't get it. On the other hand, "stuff" isn't going anywhere. So, if you have some quality material tucked away, you can sleep better tonight.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA