Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH: A few more PCGS/NGC World coins (all well under $100 ea.)

Denmark: 1 Ore, 1888 (h) CS, PCGS AU Details (cleaning)

PCGS certification page
NGC/Krause priceguide listing (trends $62.50 in VF, $120.00 XF)

I'll ask $44.00 delivered, which would be somewhere around Fine price level, if Krause listed Fine. Not bad for an AU-Details coin that trends $120 in XF, I'd say. Counteroffers? Swap? Whatchagot?

British India, 1/4 anna, 1901 (C), NGC MS64 RB

Sorry I don't have any pix of this except the really, really wretched ones on the NGC cert page. (Their poorly focused pictures make it look like it has a super squishy strike. It does not. In hand, it's as sharp as you would expect.) It was struck at the Calcutta mint and trends $60.00 in MS60. It's pretty much full Red but mellowed a bit with traces of some faint, mottled brownish toning around the peripheries, mostly on the upper part of the obverse. Luster is fairly subdued, as Brit India copper of this era tends to be, but it does have "cartwheel" effect flashes when rotated in the light. Eye appeal is average to good. I'll ask $44.00 delivered for this one, too- or again, if you wanna make me a reasonable counteroffer or swap proposal, go for it.

OR- Buy both of the above (Denmark & India) coins for $84 delivered and you'll save four bucks plus get a random freebie bonus silver coin.

Guatemala, 1/4-real, 1898, PCGS MS66

KM162, .835 silver/.0207 oz., PCGS MS66, cert. # 11572895.

This is a tiny little coin, but sometimes good things come in small packages. With its supergem grade, flashy luster, and attractive toning, it has terrific eye appeal. As far as graded examples go, it's tied with one other for second highest graded at PCGS (pop. 2/1; there is one MS67 out there). The same dealer I got it from had the other MS66 example, and this one has nicer toning than the other one. So I suppose you could say it's the second nicest example in TPG plastic. To be candid, most of the price of this piece IS due to the plastic grade (you can get a raw BU example for less than ten bucks, I think). But if you want a supersweet graded example, look no further. With a mintage of 384,000, it is also the second-lowest mintage for the type.

PCGS cert verification page

Asking $76.00 delivered (which is essentially my cost plus shipping).

Aw, what the heck. If you buy this one, I'll apply the "random freebie bonus silver coin" to this deal as well.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.