Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Cards And Dust-- It Is Very Thick Now!

MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I have three orders with PSA that have been received since October 8th. I can only assume my cards have an inch of dust on the Card Saver 1s....... ;) (My vain attempt at humor and pushing the process along). I have however resigned myself to the fact that they are in the 60 day plus pile by now. Ugh!!!!!

Comments

• I had a 125 card order under the 50 day special that PSA received on 10/3, entered 10/12, popped on 11/4, and shipped yesterday. Seems extremely fast. Hope yours turns soon!

Seller ALFLAIR on eBay. for many vintage PSA and raw card sales. PSA Set Registry OldEnglishD with various sets including 71 Fleer Globetrotters, 71 Topps Football, and 64 Topps Standups. Also under FarFars (various sets) on the registry.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I wouldn't get too worried yet. Excluding the three Holidays, it's been only 24 business days.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

I had 6 orders in the past 2 months. 2 on 10/6 both still out there. 1 on 11/3 which is still open and 3 on 11/4, one of which popped on 11/10. The quick poppage was a 73 card order of all one type (1956 Topps). The waiting just kills you but there is no argument on the value they add to your collectibles.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Agreed on all fronts. I am in my typical whining and complaining mode as I anxiously await the results. When they do pop, I am going to try avoid reading the results and instead opening them like a pack of cards. Maybe that will increase the 10 ratio!

Matt

• 42 packs arrived on 8/26, still waiting as well.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE

Holy cow, Batman. I have now passed the 60 day waiting mark on these submissions. I have never had to wait this long. I do see the latest special has removed any 5 to 6 dollar per card specials so I assume PSA is way behind. I do hope to have these graded and back to me by 2019.

Matt

• ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Based on the start date you mentioned, today appears to be business day 42 for you.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZTarg said:
    Based on the start date you mentioned, today appears to be business day 42 for you.

Exactly. I'm not sure what kind of waiting times the OP is used to. I average about 90 to 100 calendar days (calendar, not business) for turn-around-time on subs sent in with the economic monthly specials. I would recommend adjusting your expectation and then you won't have so much disappointment with the duration.

• MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Its definitely about your expectations. I did 3 or 4 50 day specials last year and the latest one of them popped was business day 23. I have one in there now at about the same business day level and its hard not being disappointed that it hasn't popped yet. However, I just have to lower my expectations and remember its 50 business days and even that it is estimated.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a order received Sept 26th Im still waiting on. So I feel your pain

• justrun7justrun7 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

I had a 30 day order that was labeled as received on October 19th and just got shipped on December 7th.

• You guys have to remember that a 30 day order, or a 50 day order, refers to business days. So an Oct 19 order, shipped Dec 7, is 33 business days. Taking 2 days off for the Thanksgiving holiday. That's pretty close to 30 days.

• justrun7justrun7 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

@mcpheely said:
    You guys have to remember that a 30 day order, or a 50 day order, refers to business days. So an Oct 19 order, shipped Dec 7, is 33 business days. Taking 2 days off for the Thanksgiving holiday. That's pretty close to 30 days.

Sorry, that is correct. I should add that I shipped it on October 6th and was delivered on October 10th. It still took 8 business days just to be labeled as received. I know PSA doesn't count that, but I do.

• TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Hang in there!!

Oh I know there is some business day turnaround time but my understanding is that is just an estimate and no kind of guarantee (besides its easier for me to count calendar days as math is hard!).

I simply point it out as I have never had an order take over 60 days to grade. I submit about once or twice a year under the "cheap" specials and have done so for ages. As such this is a first for me and I can only assume they are really backed up.

In the end just another collector who gets antsy for his cards to grade!

Matt

Hey, hey one of my orders graded and shipped today! Going to wait however to check the grades when I actually receive and open the box. What's waiting a few more days at this point?? :)

Matt

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s > @Mefer said:

Hey, hey one of my orders graded and shipped today! Going to wait however to check the grades when I actually receive and open the box. What's waiting a few more days at this point?? :)

Matt

I've been waiting myself for a sub to pop on the September special that didn't log until Oct. I think I might do the same thing myself when mine pops. It will be like ripping a pack and getting a few big hits! ........ I hope. :s

Kevin

@LOTSOS said:
    :s > @Mefer said:

Matt

I've been waiting myself for a sub to pop on the September special that didn't log until Oct. I think I might do the same thing myself when mine pops. It will be like ripping a pack and getting a few big hits! ........ I hope. :s

Yep. I view it the same way. I will either be thrilled or filled with shame. Either way it will be an extreme emotion... :)