Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Watch out for user name Lous27

Offered to sell me a psa 10 fleer Jordan RC for $1000. I asked for a scan and he stopped communicating.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options

$1000? Typo?

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. He just pm'd me saying he had a 76 Erving Psa 9 if I was interested.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2016 5:31PM

It may just be an honest typo. But the way he reached out to me, his third grade typing style, his new account, his account icon and the rapid communication until I asked for a scan, then nothing.. my BS detector went haywire. There could absolutely be a reasonable explanation for it all. That is why I said "watch out" and not to storm the tower and bludgeon him.

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

He offered me a psa 8 52 topps mantle! No price. I told him I was looking or lower grade.

• Options

His offer was $100 obo for a card that sell for $300+.........either shady or has no clue.

• Options

Just got a pic of a ungraded card........not quite sure how that is a Psa 9?

• Options

He sent me two scans, PSA case cropped on both. Sent another of a PSA 10 and it was apparent they were three totally different Jordans. After he sent me his name/address, and a little internet research, it became apparent he has issues. Proceed with caution, friends.

Joe

• Options

Same here. 2 different pics and the first one wasn't even Psa encased.....it was raw. Buyer Beware.

• Options
    Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited November 15, 2016 8:30PM

He just contacted me as well on a 2009 Topps Heritage Jeter variation I've been searching for. He sent me a PayPal address and offered to sell me the card below my asking price. No scan, however. Earlier I had issues with someone by the name of Greg Washington and this was reminiscent of that experience. Maybe it's on the level, but I proceed with extreme caution. Please share your experiences with this seller.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Does not pass the sniff test

• Options

It's good to hear that Topps will still be putting baseball cards in 2099!

• Options

His name is Shawn and I did a search. The info he provided is legit, but check it out for yourself to determine if you would like to do business with this individual.

• Options

His name is Shawn Sturtevant and the address he provided is legitimate, but check it out for yourself to determine if you would like to do business with him.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Wish he would offer me a Topps 1967 Stand Up McCarver.

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bishop said:
    Wish he would offer me a Topps 1967 Stand Up McCarver.

If he is taking orders I'd like a 1970 Topps Cloth of "Ryan saves the day!"

Thanks,
    Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1000 for a PSA 10 Fleer MJ rc? I think I would have known right then with no further investigation needed that something was up. ;)

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Lives in Clinton, MA?

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

He currently had an ad in BST.
    James

• Options
    edited November 16, 2016 4:35PM

Asked him why his asking prices are so cheap and he said he's not in it for the money and just wants to help fellow collector's out.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@steel75 said:
    he said he's not in it for the money and just wants to help fellow collector's out.

• Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

@Tere1071 said:
    His name is Shawn Sturtevant and the address he provided is legitimate, but check it out for yourself to determine if you would like to do business with him.

@Dboneesq said:
    Lives in Clinton, MA?

Umm, yeah, you might want to stay clear of this deal.....
    watertown.wickedlocal.com/article/20160427/NEWS/160426430

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Put me in for 10 Norco's,3 Oxy's,a pint of hooch and I will comment next year. >:)

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options

Asked for the cert number of the card he tried to sell me & it's already in someone's basic set. He got the number because it is pictured. Truly pathetic.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

We don't need folks like him in this forum. I think the benefit of any doubt has been erased.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@scooter729 said:

@Tere1071 said:

@Dboneesq said:
    Lives in Clinton, MA?

Umm, yeah, you might want to stay clear of this deal.....
    watertown.wickedlocal.com/article/20160427/NEWS/160426430

YUP ... that's the article I saw!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Thanks for the heads up. I vaguely remember hearing that name years ago, on the old Beckett forums.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@djr said:
    Lous27 tried to scam me today via CU private message.

PSA, how about moderating the bad vs. valued users :#

+1

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone contacted a moderator? The only time I did, it took them a while to get back to me, so I doubt they are actively reading this board looking for issues.

• Options

Stops communicating? i am a single dad with 2 teenage sons, one of which broke his arm at football prac last week. Anyway i sent sent scans of front and back as well as the Certification Number. I have all the PM's. He claimed to be sending me a cashier's check for $2500 not $1000. Is he trying to scam me? Because that was not what we agreed to??

As for hearing of me on Beckett forums i was never a member there....

And i dont believe i need to keep defending myself...

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2016 6:17AM

$2,500 for a Jordan Psa 10 RC? Can you post a scan of the front please to my messages? Thank you!

• Options

Lous27, yes in your defense you did start communicating after a stoppage. And yes, I did say I was hoping to mail out a $2500 cashier's check. But as a single guy with no kids and no arms to account for other than my own, I am very busy and am unable to make it to the post office. How about you leave these forums for good and we'll call it square? Thank you.

Joe

• Options

Hi everyone,

As I've mentioned before, I have several responsibilities at PSA and I don't have the luxury of perusing the boards all day. We do our best collectively to deal with issues, but sometimes it does take a few days to get caught back up. If you have an issue, you can PM, email webmaster@collectors.com, or call 800-325-1121 to be transferred over and we will respond. If you do so during show days or holidays, yes -- expect some delays.

To respond to the above, we first have to remind you that PSA is not here to moderate private sales. If you conduct business with each other on this board, you are doing so at your own discretion.

However, I will also take note of the various complaints that have been made. If someone appears to be an issue, then we will take action and eliminate the problem as we want this board to be peaceful.

I know some of you disagree with some of our decisions, and that is fine. You don't have to agree or disagree with us. You just have to follow the rules and be polite and respectful to everyone (including us) if you wish to remain on this board.

Sincerely,
    Jackie

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com