Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Is This Seller Legit? Need Pack Experts!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

Fakes. Move on.

• if it seems to good to be true...

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2016 10:13AM

I would not bid on any of these packs.

Ebay is a virtual minefield for raw wax, particularly for anything pre-1980.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that their 50s and 60s packs are selling for in the $100 range should be reason enough to know that they are fake.
    James

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

No pix of reverse of pack as well. Something to hide?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

One of the negative feedbacks is that PSA said they weren't legit. Stay away.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

^

But the seller said the buyer was a scammer--who should we believe???

xD

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if I'm the one spending the money I'd err toward the buyer.

Kevin

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Thanks peeps for the feedback. I can't believe eBay is letting this guy sell!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • 49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November 12, 2016 12:10PM

There are more than a few guys that make their living off resealed packs on eBay and have done so for years. eBay tends to turn a blind eye on this kind of fraud.

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

All junk, even the pics are not legit. I bought a 62 FB pack (for the nicely centered wrapper only, just like the one he currently has posted!) and didn't get the pack shown. Of course it was bogus, which I suspected, but I called him out on if he's going to sell resealed packs he should at least sell the pack shown in the auction. He refunded my money without comment. I got my wrapper I wanted for free out of the deal :)

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

He's back!

Avoid like the plague.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • fleet47fleet47 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Is it worth it to bid going for the wrapper? Or are the wrappers fake also?

@fleet47 said:
    Is it worth it to bid going for the wrapper? Or are the wrappers fake also?

The wrappers are likely authentic but I wouldn't expect any of these packs to grade at PSA.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

has to be full of mantles right? at least authentic 52s?