Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

5 lbs of world coins

Good afternoon.
Many thanks to all for the kindnesses shown me the last time I posted here after a lengthy absence. Little did I know it would be followed by another! Health issues for my wife and I and robbed me of the will to be social.
The sudden arrival of my daughter with her two children (who have moved in with us) deprived me of the wherewithal necessary to pursue the hobby in any meaningful way, not to mention the loss of my small study, now a bedroom for a two year old.
Things have finally stabilized and my numismatic interest has again been rekindled, albeit in a more modest form.
I just ordered 5 lbs of world coins from Civitas and I eagerly await their arrival. Not expecting any treasures of course, just a way to get back into the research and appreciation of such a wonderful hobby.
Good to be back!

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Back

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see you, Laurent, and glad you're holding up well enough under adversity to post here and still have a bit of collecting spirit.

Make some cool cherrypicks outta that bag and share the most fun ones, if the mood strikes!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭

Thanks Steve!

Hi Lord M-glad to see you're still alive and kicking!
    I look forward to perusing your eBay listings for attractive cheapies. :)

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

Welcome back - again - glad to hear things have stabilized. Stability is important for health both physical and mental. Blessings upon your daughter and her two little ones.

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! Happy to see you posting again, Laurent!

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like fun, and welcome back :smile:

• Options

TwoKopeiki, Stork, great to hear from you-missed you both!

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen a 5 pound bag of world coins. Be sure to post a picture of yours when you get it and it's good you to see back around the campus Laurent.

• Options

I actually received them a couple of days ago Swampboy. I should have taken pictures as soon as I received then but didn't. The coins in the tray I had already picked out of the bag, but here's the rest of them.
    It's a lot of coins, 400-600 coins from 25 to 45 different countries.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! Hope things are still stabilized there. By now, you've probably gone thru most of the bag? How do you do so? Do you separate by country & then check for any needs? Keep all or just some? Have folders/albums? I used to love sifting thru "junk boxes" at shows looking for Canadian, British, Australia/New Zealand, & Mexico coins to add to my folders - - before my eyesight started going downhill..............