Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Red River Valley Coin Club Meeting Tomorrow Night -Youth Event-

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow night we will be doing our yearly youth event as a club. This years topic, Roosevelt Dimes. I will be presenting a quick slide show to the group on the history, design, and all around knowledge about the fun little coin. We will then hand out albums and dimes for the kids to sift through to fill the books. There will be door prizes of Red Books and Silver Eagles. I may bring a few of my registry set rejects to hand out as well.

We're a small club, but I would wager we have 16 kids attend. Always proves to be a fun time, but with snacks and coins what day isn't fun!

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good, have fun.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well overall not a bad turn out. 12 kids and many parents, several who are now new members of the club. Received many positive compliments from the presentation and now another local group wants me to speak at one of their meetings.

None of the kids found silver, but they looked pretty hard for them. We ended the night with a raffle so each kid was able to go home with either a Red Book, Silver Dollar, Silver Dime, or Silver Certificate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file