Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is MrHalfDime still on here?

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the old messages section you could look people up by the first letter of their screen name. How do you do that now?

Need to get in touch with MrHalfDIme.

TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's around. Email works best. Put "Patriots are Super Bowl Bound" as your subject line for immediate attention ;)

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still here. A little older and slower, but still here. How may I be of service?

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Message sent.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Photo and message sent.

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

KInda reminds me of "BettleJuice"...mention someones name three times (two times in this thread) and "POOF" they appear.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I see there has been quite a bit of curiosity regarding this OP, and perhaps about my whereabouts (228 views as of this posting). Just to alleviate any concern, I am fine, and responded to the Captain's question. He was looking for an image of a spectacular 1849/6 V2 half dime that he showed to me, and subsequently sold to me, at an ANA Summer Convention a few years ago. It is, by far, the earliest die state that I have ever seen of this die marriage, showing the clear and indisputable full outline of the fourth underdigit of the date, which is definitely a 6 (and not an 8 as argued by many). As the Captain stated, it "puts an end to the debate". I realize that this post is useless without pictures, but I did want to clear up the mystique about this post.

As to oih82w8's comment "KInda reminds me of "BettleJuice"...mention someones name three times (two times in this thread) and "POOF" they appear.", does anyone else here remember Cladiator's clever computer generated image of "Mr. Half Dime", reminiscent of the popular Batman image, projected onto the surface of the moon whenever anyone had a question about half dimes. Gee, I miss that guy.

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Calling MrHalfDime!

• Options

Yes, that's it! Thank you, Mike. Cladiator used to post that image whenever he saw a question posted about half dimes. I miss that clever image ... and Cladiator's learned posts.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2016 1:34AM

Here's a 2010 thread where the 1849 V2 and this specimen were discussed by the folks above:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/759963/how-rare-is-the-1849-8-h10c-and-is-it-a-true-overdate-calling-mrhalfdime/p1
    And here are some images which may be helpful:

v2 NGC image

v2 = Widely Placed "6"

v4

from
    usacoinbook.com/coins/5690/half-dimes/seated-liberty/1849-P/all-varieties/

If you have image files on your computer, I would encourage you to try posting any one of them using the new Forum software.
    It's much easier to do this now, because you can upload directly from your PC to this website.
    You don't have to post them on a third-party website like photobucket anymore.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file