Home Sports Talk
Options

I think it's great that they have the "ALL TIME" hit leader sitting at the desk for WS pregame!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 29, 2016 4:55PM in Sports Talk

I hope Bud Selig is really suffering......what a TOOL he is!!

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2016 5:16PM

He is a bumbling fool. I'd feel bad for him if I thought he was a decent human being. I've had interaction with him and thought he was a douche. He sure could slap that ball around though I'll give you that. FWIW the apple didn't fall far from the tree. His son is the biggest tool I've ever met in my life.

I'm sursprised how well Arod has been during the WS.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Rose was the BEST hitter ever. His record could last forever.

He would also hold the consecutive games with a hit record if it wasn't for that "lucky" behind the back play by the pitcher in Atlanta!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rose chose his fate. He doesn't deserve any compassion. Time to move on.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Rose chose his fate. He doesn't deserve any compassion. Time to move on.

Time for baseball to move on and put the ALL TIME HIT LEADER in the HOF!!!

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

A-Rod appears to be auditioning for a full time gig and may just wind up getting it with a little polish on his information spewing persona. He's actually pretty good and knows a ton about the current game and players which makes him a valuable asset. Pete, well, maybe as a Saturday Night Live cast member. Or Sesame Street. I can't decide. But, he hasn't been boring and the moments where the whole crew has been cracking up over their jokes have been pretty funny, too.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rose was not the BEST hitter ever. He had the most hits. There's a difference in the two.

Ted Williams was the best hitter ever.
    You could say Ty Cobb was and I wouldn't disagree. But not Pete Rose.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Rose was not the BEST hitter ever. He had the most hits. There's a difference in the two.

Ted Williams was the best hitter ever.
    You could say Ty Cobb was and I wouldn't disagree. But not Pete Rose.

If you look at the thread title it is "Hit Leader" not "Best Hitter". But I would put Rose right up there towards the top.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Rose was the BEST hitter ever. His record could last forever.

He would also hold the consecutive games with a hit record if it wasn't for that "lucky" behind the back play by the pitcher in Atlanta!

Dimeman, I don't like using the "quote" button, its way overused, but I guess in this case neccessary.
    You did state he was the BEST hitter ever.

• Options

I should have put "one of" in there. Sorry.