Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Also found in a roll of cents from the bank..............

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found this searching bank rolls for wheat cents, this and the 09 VDB and the holed cent were the three 'finds' of last year [I must have searched a lot of rolls, haven't searched any in 2016].

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat !

Was it the end-coin? My uncle worked a register and found one similar. It was the end coin on the roll so it "fit" with the crimp messed up a little.

• Options

It was **not **the end coin, it was a third in. I was shocked because I hadn't noticed any bulge in the roll.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've gotten some good rolls lately! :)

• Options

That was a full year or more of searching, haven't done any this year.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roll searching can be fun.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's awesome! Been roll searching for a loong time, and Ive never found one like that.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Of course it was late after work and I was so excited I ran upstairs to show the wife. She looked at me like I had two heads and went back to sleep. I was sooooooooooooooo excited to find it.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kewl! Was it a BU roll or a mixed roll? If a BU one, see if you can find a normal coin with matching die characteristics to prove the date!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

It was a mixed circulated roll, packed by one of those armored coin companies that count and supply coins to the banks.

• Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't you just love those moments when you realize what you have found? Nothing better. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options

Not everyone shares my joy though.
    Sometimes I'm thrilled with the simple things.
    After all it's just a piece of metal.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file