Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help identifying this 1794 Large cent

Help please

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com

Comments

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me identify this one?

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

This is very difficult with the images you provide.
    My WAG would be S-22.

If you could provide images that are clearer, less
    glare & closer up it would help.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

It is a Sheldon-22. The sixth lock of hair from the bottom is bent downward, hence the name "Bent 6th Lock". There is also a die bulge on the reverse at the top of ONE and for that reason it is called the "Mounds reverse". R-1 in rarity.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's amazing the wealth of numismatic information we have
    on our boards.

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file